𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

- 9 days earlier -
November 14th, Montreal, Canada

Maya has me completely wrapped around her fingers.

I came to that realisation when she refused to forgive me the night at the fire station. My feelings for her runs deeper than just a casual crush.

And when I found the necklace abandoned in the empty treehouse yesterday, I realised Maya's feelings for me. It was as if something inside me snapped, and I finally understood the degree of Maya's hurt when she found the pictures of Natalia and I.

If this had happened the other way around, I too would've refused to talk to her, to reason with her or to listen to her, especially if she would've had the same history I have.

I was relieved when she wanted to necklace back. I wanted nothing more than for her to carry it around her neck again.

"Fancy seeing you here," Her voice snaps me from my thoughts, and I look down to see Maya standing at the start of the ladder, in her hands a cup holder with ToGo-cups of coffee.

"Hi there, princess," I say with a grin.

She rolls her eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?"

I see the corners of her mouth curling up, failing her act to be annoyed.

"Something about you tells me you like it," I hold out my hand to grab the coffees so Maya can climb up. "Especially something about 2 nights–"

"Shut up."

"You want to talk about what happened?" I give her one of the coffees as she sits down in front of me, keeping herself at a proper distance.

"I want to say I folded, and to say I am weak... but somewhere that would be a lie," She sips from her coffee. "You are something else, and I can't escape from that."

I knit my eyebrows together as confusion takes over my facial expression, "I am something else?"

She rolls her eyes, trying the hide the smile, "In a good way, Lance."

"I am something else in a good way?"

Is she confessing he likes me?

"You remember the first time we had sex?"

"How can I forgot something like that?" I say with a teasing grin.

"You then said I have this irresistible magnetism that draws you in. Well, you have that too."

"I draw you in?"

She chuckles, shaking her head, "I'm not going to say it again."

"Oh, c'mon," I push he gently, raising one eyebrow and smirk. "Princess."