𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓮

December 25th, London, United Kingdom

"I want you to know that this will be your house too," Lance says before opening the door to his penthouse.

There's no way in hell I want to know how much it must have cost him or how much the mortgage is of this place.

Top floor penthouse in downtown London, view of both the Big Ben as Golden State Bridge. Large windows, the interior probably already being more expensive than my father's house back in Montréal.

"This is crazy," I breath out in shock.

"I know," Lance looks around him, taking in every new detail about his old place turned into something new. "I love what they've done with it and it was definitely worth the 7 months I had to wait."

"Show me around," I say, grabbing his hand with a smile.

Lance nods and starts walking through the penthouse, opening doors and visibly taking in all the new details of his remodeled place.

"This is a spare room," He opens the second to last door of the hallway. "I was thinking about making it either a guestroom, so people can stay over if they like... but I can also put in a bureau and a whiteboard or any other necessary stuff for your writing."

I roll my eyes playfully at him, he is trying his hardest for me to come to London with him. And the more he talks about it, and the more he tells me what he wants to do to accommodate me, the more I really consider moving here with him.

"You're absolutely insane," I say. "Let's just wait for my meeting with Christopher."

"Christopher?" Lance raises his eyebrow at the name of another man.

"The new agent," I reassure him, I lean into him and kiss him softly on the cheek. "Alexandra recommended him, remember? You started to like her more because she was helping you."

Lance nods slowly, almost as if he is reconsidering his words now he knows the other agent is a man, "When are you meeting him?"

"The twenty-seventh, in the morning, so I have a lot of time with you these two days,"

"Perfect," Lance smirks and takes to the last door, the master bedroom.

"You're having some wild plans for these two days?"

Lance slowly approaches me from behind, picks me up, and walks to the bed. I let out a squeal in panic.

"Put me down!" I exclaim as I start seeing little stars in front of my eyes, my heart rate is going up as I feel it beating against my chest. "Lance, put me down!"

He does what he's told, worry etched on his face as I try to catch my breath. Tears are prickling in the corners of my eyes.

"Maya, I am so sorry," He whispers, guilt thick layered in his tone.