𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓲𝔁

𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

October 21st, Montview Harbour, Austin, United States of America

"I'm not really good at acting," I chuckle nervously.

It is 7:00 AM. It's way too early for this shit.

"We all know you don't really have to act around me, Lance. Last time you could already barely keep your hands off me during a business event." Natalia laughs, her hands touching my shoulders playfully.

I take a step forward, Natalia's hands slide over my shoulders, and fall back next to her sides.

"Dad, I won't do this."

"I am not giving you a choice. You're doing this deal with the Melton family and the Modern Muse Hotels & Yachts."

Anger and frustration wash over me. Of course, my dad had arranged something as ridiculous as a commercial spot in which I needed to act like a happy couple with Natalia Melton.

Is Natalia pretty? Undeniable. But she isn't Maya. Natalia is my past, I had some fun with her, but I don't have that desire anymore.

"Come on, Lance," Natalia laughs sultrily. "We can do this easily."

But I don't want to.

I need to tell Maya. I need to tell her about this absurd idea before things don't go as I want them to go.

I grab my phone from my pocket, ignoring what Natalia had said.

"Enough!" My dad snatches my phone out of my hand.

"Hey!" I exclaim, trying to get my phone back.

"For God's sake, Lance! I have had enough of your drama. You are doing this fucking deal, you will act as if you like her, which doesn't have to be that fucking hard since you already like putting your dick in her."

"Dad, what the fuck!?"

Even Natalia is shocked by his words, and she gets visibly uncomfortable.

"Fine. I will do it. Now, please just go."

My dad smirks satisfied, and leaves the room. I exhale deeply, my eyes finding the blonde model. She gives me a small smile.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

I nod, "And you? Sorry, my dad... he is..."

"A drunk?" She scoffs. "I noticed. He's abusive with his words too. I'm okay." She takes a step towards me, lifting her head up to look me more in the eye. Her fingers run over my jawline. "Care to tell me why you're keeping your distance all of a sudden?"

Her touch is wanted, but also unwanted, and I take a shaky breath. In the end, this is not what I want. Natalia is not the woman I want.

"I don't want to be the person I was anymore," I say. "I am trying to be better."