𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

A/N: so sorry I published too early this morning (for me morning at least). I made minor changes in what was already published and to make up with all of you I made it a longer than usual chapter.

January 4th 2024, London, United Kingdom

It's been four days since we both said the I love you's and closed it off with a kiss. And I feel like I am flying.

Lance has been dancing around too, being even more affectionate, spoiling me with hugs and kisses, and stealing them a lot too.

"You truly are beautiful," His voice pulls me out of my thoughts, and I give him a smile.

"You think so?"

"I know so."

I roll my eyes, "At least you haven't lost your smooth tongue."

"That would be horrible, don't you think? How else am I going to charm you in bed with me?"

"Oh, shut up."

Before Lance can comment back at me, my phone rings, abruptly making an end to our banter. I grab my phone out of my pocket, seeing Christoper's name appearing on my screen.

"Hi Christopher," I greet him and put him on speaker when Lance gestures to me to do so. "How are you?"

"Hey Maya, I am doing so good," Christopher replies. "I have some good news for you. I just got a call from the publisher I talked to you about, Milles Published. They've seen your resume and recommendation from your former publisher."

Christopher purposely drops a slight silence, but the smile is already creeping up my lips since he already said it was going to be good news.

"They want to invite you for an interview."

I let out a small squeak in happiness, and throw my hands in Lance's neck, "That's amazing news!"

"It really is," Christopher laughs. "They have a spot open tomorrow at 11 AM or Monday the 8th at 10 AM."

I quickly glare at Lance, who mouths that tomorrow is no problem, "Tomorrow is perfect."

"Then I will confirm the meeting for tomorrow. Any chance we can meet up today too? I would like to prepare you as much as possible for the interview."

Again, I look at Lance, "Let me check really quickly." And I mute the microphone.

"Can't he do the preparing over the phone?" Lance asks and he tries his hardest to hide his annoyance, and if you did not know him as well as I do, he would have pulled it off.

"I think doing the preparing face to face is better, otherwise he would've said that preparing over the phone was possible too. We have nothing planned, right?"