BAD LIAR 🚫

"IT'S A LIE!"

"Ah I dey tell you. I couldn't quite make out who the girl was because he positioned her In a way her back faced the door but she had blonde braids just like yours."

Blessing and I were having our usual gist , discussing news we hear about people from school

"Babe abeg this is why I'll never kill myself for a man...men will always be men."

"It's whatever , let's just forget about it . Tell me about your shopping date!" I said.

"What shopping date?" She asked.

"Uh- you literally told me you were going shopping with a guy from church."

"Oh yeah! That." She said choking on her drink.

"It was good guy he just bought me dresses... ACTUALLY we're going for dinner tomorrow."

"Dinner? Wait, do you actually like this guy because the blessing I know never goes on second dates with 1 guy."

She stood up from the bed and started undressing and changing into her pyjamas.

"Maybe, maybe not. He's just sweet and the way he looks at me....it's different."

"Ahaahh IT'S PLENTY! MY FRIEND IS IN LOVE!"

"Can you shut the Fuck up and help me remove my necklace." She said turning her back towards me.

As I was unclasping her necklace I noticed a dark red-ish mark on her neck. Blessing is light-skinned so it was very much visible.

"Did something bite you what the Fuck is this?" I asked gently rubbing it.

"Oh uhm that- that's a mosquito."

"Looks like a hickey to me," I said pausing and looking at it

"I said it's a mosquito! you know what just leave the necklace I can do it."

She walked out of the room.
Odd....she was acting odd.

These days I question whether Blessing is hiding things from me.
But whatever she's hiding can't be hidden forever.

Like Jean Racine said, "There are no secrets that time does not reveal."

"Dinner is ready oo!" My mother called from the kitchen.

I hate eating dinner on the dinner table. I prefer hiding myself and eating comfortably in my room as any other teenager would do but my mom enjoys playing 'Mother of the year' whenever Blessing is around.

"Jess come back here! I won't allow you to eat in the room."

FUCK MY LIFE!
***QUEUE THE EYE ROLL***

"I HAVE WORK TO DO."

"Work can wait till after dinner." She said.

She never does this when Blessing isn't around. What is she trying to prove.

"Just sit babes you'll do the work later." Blessing said.

I sat on the chair opposite my mom since it was the only seat left.
The only reason I hate sitting on this table is because-

"How's school going guys?" My mother asked.

Since when does she care because as far as I'm concerned she barely knows the course I'm studying.

"Good!" Jackson replied.

"Very well ma" said Blessing.

"Jess you won't answer?" She asked.

I hate when she pretends to care.
If she really did she wouldn't work 24/777 instead of getting to know her daughter.
SHE BARELY KNOWS MY FAVORITE COLOR.

"Mhmm it's fine" I replied.

You're probably curious as to where my dad is. He's still my dad. Just in a whole other country.
My parents both priorities work but at least my dad knows my favourite color.

"Thanks for the food ." I said leaving the table after gobbling up my food.

I went to my room, smoked a blunt in the bathroom then went to bed with my headphones on full volume because I really had a hell of a day and just needed to clear my head.