14.

Janet's POV, Seattle

"Today's Donkey of the Day goes to a legend I never would've thought I had to give to but no one is off limits on The Breakfast Club." Charlamagne The God said. I rolled my eyes waiting to hear some BS.

"You must be a changed man because you also would've called them Vintage Vagina." Angela Yee said into the mic.

"Well she's that too but I wanted to have some decorum, Angela." Charlamagne retorted.

"You and decorum? Yeah right. Man, if you don't go ahead and say who made donkey." DJ Envy butted in.

"Well folks, Donkey of the day goes to none other than the Rhythm Nation Queen Janet Jackson. Yes, Janet Damita Jo Jackson. Penny from Good Times. Charlene from Diff'rent Strokes. Patricia from Why Did I Get Married. Jo from the Tyler Perry movie where she asks Ghost if he's doing the bending...that Janet Jackson has made my list." Charlamagne said.

"Really Charlamagne? You're sick." Angela said laughing.

And this is exactly why I'll never go on that show, no matter how many times they ask me.

"He got some damn nerve." Gil said, holding up his iPad so we can continue watching.

"In what world are you giving the legendary Ms. Jackson Donkey of The Day. You just ruined any chance of her coming on the show." Angela Yee said.

"If you think this ratchet ass show had a chance of getting an interview with her you're smoking crack." Charlamagne said. I smirked, agreeing to the only sensible thing I've heard from him so far.

"Okay, okay, just get on with your point." DJ Envy said.

"So it's been reported that allegedly Janet Jackson had a baby 20-something years ago and gave her up for adoption but things didn't turn out right and the girl been in foster care her whole life. Now this is the kicker...the girl who was photographed with Janet in New York City after her concert some time back is the alleged daughter. Now I'm no expert in dead beat Mommas but with all the money in the world, Janet couldn't have corrected her wrong sooner? Ain't no way my child is going to be in random ass houses throughout her life and you're out here living on top of the world without a care." He said.

"Now wait a minute. Nothing has been confirmed and we don't know the full story if this is true. I mean, if the girl who was in the photo is really her daughter, maybe she's always known Janet was her mom." Angela said.

"Nah, that don't make sense. If I knew my mom was Janet, ain't no way I'll be in foster care. My conscious wouldn't allow me to sleep at night knowing the conditions my child is living in whether it was good or bad. Maybe Janet didn't want to be a mom and the girl in those photos could be a new assistant or something." DJ Envy said.

"Assistant, really Envy? They both look alike and got the same height. You can't tell me to my face that girl isn't Janet's daughter. Maury don't need a test to prove that." Charlamagne said.

"Alright, that's enough of that until something is confirmed by them. On to the rumor report that's coming up top of hour." Angela said before the stream ended.

Gil turned off the iPad and pulled out an imaginary cigarette to smoke. I laughed and shook my head.

"Bitchhhh, they got most of that shit correct and you know media and Black Twitter is going to have a field day." He said.

"I knowwww Gilly and I feel like this is not what me and Halle need right now. We're still at the beginning stages of our relationship and though it's been some months, there's so much more we have to learn about each other." I said.

"I know and y'all haven't fully discussed her biological father or the overall adoption agency mess that went down. I still think you should sue them since they're still running even if they did change their name." He said.

"Trust me, I'm still working that out with my lawyers. It's just so much happening all at once. I'm in the middle of finalizing their new condo, trying not to respond to trolls, spending time with the girls & keeping them busy on top of performing every night." I said.

"Wait, rewind that for me. I thought you were going to let the girls choose their favorite places and then have the realtor walk you through at the end?" He said.

"I mean, that was the original plan but I went ahead and chose one because now that their on tour with me I didn't want to deal with the back and forth." I said. Gil looked at me and shook his head.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, completely confused by his stank look.

"Jan, you should've let them take the lead in searching for their own place and not dictating where they should live. And I know your bobble head is about to say that you're the one flipping the bill so it shouldn't matter but that's not the point. You can't barge into their lives, no tea no shade, and tell them where they'll live just because you paying for it." He said.

"It's not like I didn't consider the area they wanted to live at or their must-have amenities for the place. I got all of that for them and then some." I said.

"Yeah, you got all that but without them. That's the point. These are grown women who wanted that moment and you took it away from them. And when they give you pushback once you tell them, don't forget this conversation." He said.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone to give Halle the heads up about the Breakfast Club news. They were currently exploring the city since I have three back-to-back off days and didn't want them to be surprised while they're out.

I texted them to take a break and come back to the hotel so I can give them the news about their condo and talk about next steps with the media

****COMMENT, VOTE****

Oooh, y'all think Halle and Ryan gonna be pissed about the condo?

Was Janet wrong or just helpful?

Happy summer!!!!