Omni-man vs. Impulse

A/n: That previous chapter, The Thinker, might have been the longest chapter I've ever done. But this one beats it out. Sorry, not sorry.

Also, if you have not seen Invincible, the following two chapters might be confusing since I will cover most of the scenes from the show's last two episodes in each chapter, respectively, as they mention, and have much to do with my character. But I will also be covering scenes that have little to do with my character and more with the general plot and the main story of Invincible. 

I know that up until now, I've only done things from my character's perspective and only scenes that mention him or in which he is present, so you might be lost on what's going on with the other characters if you have yet to see the show.

After recent polling, I've decided to change my character's face. Starting in the last chapter of season 1, he'll have a new look.

~

The same morning after Eve's and Viktor's night of passion, as they were eating breakfast, things were much different at the Grayson home.

Yesterday, Debbie finally confirmed her suspicions about Nolan when she had Art analyze his destroyed suit and found the blood of the previous Guardians of the Globe all over the suit. Art deduced from the age of the blood, with the blood on Nolan's gloves being the oldest, meaning Nolan struck first and killed the Guardians.

When Nolan came home that night, he found Debbie drunk, and she accused him of murder. Now it was morning, and Debbie walked down the stairs after waking up alone in her bed; she found Nolan standing at the back patio glass door as he stared at the yard.

Nolan's destroyed and bloody suit from when he killed the previous Guardians was on the kitchen's island table as Debbie walked over and sat at the island table staring at the suit.

Debbie sat at the table in silence and stared at the suit for a minute before looking up at Nolan, who was still standing at the back patio door, looking out the glass door at the yard.

"Why did you keep it?" Debbie asked.

"I used it to take care of Damien Darkblood, but maybe part of me wanted you to find it, too," Nolan answered as he finally turned to face Debbie.

"After 20 years together, I deserve to know the truth," Debbie demanded.

Nolan sighed as he looked away from her, "I wanted to tell you months ago," he said. 

"But you didn't," Debbie said quickly as she stood up. "Was someone controlling you? Were you... were you blackmailed? Did they threaten Mark or me?" she asked as she walked over to Nolan. 

"No," Nolan answered as he looked at her.

"Then why?" Debbie asked desperately. 

"You need to trust me," Nolan told her as he approached Debbie and stood before her. "If you can do that, we'll be okay. Mark too. Everything will be fine," Nolan said as he put his left hand on her cheek smiling affectionately. 

"Trust you? How could I possibly trust you now?" Debbie asked as she took Nolan's hand away from her face. 

"Because you know me," Nolan told her as Debbie took three steps back from him and turned away.

"There's a lot of things I thought I knew about you. The Guardians were our friends. They were good people. They saved lives. They had families," Debbie said as she brought a hand to her mouth in shock as a tear fell from her eye.

"Josef, Viktor's father, you killed him. Viktor is Mark's best friend, he was like a second son to us, and you murdered his father. You killed the Guardians," Debbie said as she put her hands on the island, leaning against it.