ꜱɪx

-------------------------------------------

August 28 , 2036

"I just don't wanna come off as rude anymore you know, and I dang sure don't want us to fail because I'm being a bitch and get anxious when I talk to people." I say looking over at the window of PJ's office.

"What did I say about speaking down on yourself B—it's not your fault at all and until you understand that you won't get better" Pj said crossing one leg over the other and placing the notebook in his lap.

"kind of hard not to Pj. " I say looking down twisting my dreads that's under my grey hoodie.

"it's quite easy if I'm being honest"  He said jotting down something on his pad.

"so, the chem partner is the main cause behind these new changes you want to make, Aria is her name right" He asks, and I nod.

"But it's not mainly about her though I just feel like im too grown to be shy in situations.—but I can't help it. " I shrugged.

I honestly came here to see if pj had some methods to communicating with new people. Aria may have come up as an example but doesn't mean the solution is to just only talk to her.. I think.

"Ok here's something that has worked in the past. Because the last thing I want you to do is just jump right in and talk to her. That could lead in to an episode and were moving 10 steps up not back. " He said

"okay" I nodded.

"Before I share, You can have your phone on you in this class right " He asked me I nodded.

"Text her" he stated.

"Text her?" I questioned.

"yes give her your number and text her if you ever want to communicate. I think it will give her some sort of effort being shown versus you just coming off flat face rude and if your teacher needs a note or something I'll write one. Your worried about failing and this is one solution that can you both" He said.

I nodded my head, texting sounds so obvious I don't know how I aint think of that.

"I'll try that tomorrow." I said.

"Just don't freak out—texting is still communication yes, but just until we can gain control over your episodes. This could be a start" He said.

I agree. It's Monday tomorrow, you always get a do over.

--

"Hey Brysen, you good " Mr. Rods said to me as I entered his supposed to be empty classroom. It's the second half of  4th block and second lunch he should be in his planning meeting and lunch duty now.

"Yes" I nodded.

"okay just wanted to check up, I'm about to head to lunch. The room is all yours."