Chapter 2: An offer from the STARS

No PoV
MYTH House

Kouen was now within the home of Calli and her friends, he never knew how Calli lived but judging by the size of the house she has been doing very well for herself, although he wondered what kind of job does she do to afford this kind of house, although there were 5 of them here so expenses maybe split among them.

"Wow, this place is nothing compared to the barracks." Kouen said in wonder.

"Thank you, Ina and I chose this house." A woman with orange hair that turned blue on the tips said as she placed a cup of warm milk tea in front of Kouen.

"Oh! Thank you for your kindness ma'am." Kouen replied.

"Oh no need to call me ma'am, just Kiara is fine." Kiara said with a bright smile.

"If you insist lady Kiara, thank you once more for your kindness and hospitality." Kouen replied as he began drinking the warm beverage.

"Here you go Kouen, eat up." Calli said as she placed a piece of pie in front of Kouen.

"Thank you lady Calli, although I have eaten already... but this looks good so I will eat it." Kouen said as he began to eat.

"So where you from doggy?" Gura asked.

"Are you serious Gura?" Calli asked.

"What, maybe he's from a different province or something, how would I know, you never took us vacationing in the underworld." Gura retorted.

"Haha, you're funny miss Gura, I am from the underworld, no different province, no different city, just collectively the underworld." Kouen replied.

"See, he took me seriously at least." Gura said.

"So why'd you leave Kouen't handle the heat?" I a said.

The girls present just shook their heads and began placed their hands on their faces, but Kouen actually found the pun funny, which undoubtedly put him in Ina's best friend list.

"You think it's funny!?" Ina said with a smile.

"Yeah, you are very funny lady Ina." Kouen said.

"Give it a few more puns and you'll be sick of it." Kiara said.

"I don't think so, my favourite types of jokes are Puns, I laugh at the most basic of puns." Kouen said.

"Oh yeah... you have a broken sense of humour." Calli said.

"Hahaha." Kouen just laughed it off.

"Wait if your from the underground... why do you look so human?" Amelia asked.

Kouen then looked up and turned off the magic that was concealing his horns, he then stood up and unwrapped his tail from his waist.

"Do I look like it now?" Kouen asked.

Amelia, Gura, and Ina all instinctively nodded their heads.

They all then continued to talk a bit more, but then Calli noticed something has changed in Kouen.

"Did you get a bit taller?" Calli asked.

"A tiny bit yeah." Kouen said as he finished his cake.

Calli smiled as she remembered that when she first met Kouen he was just a small little pup, in fact Kouen was the smallest amongst his litter, he would always get pushed around by his siblings that were bigger than him, Calli was the one who always protected Kouen and taught him how to utilise his small frame and speed to win a fight.

"Think you can finally take me on with that little boost in power and height?" Calli asked.

Kouen smiled and looked at Calli.