Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Erin huffed as her adrenaline carried her through the city, snaking her way around Pokemon as she hurried through the streets. The train had dropped her off just a few moments ago and she continued her pursuit of the address in her letter. Her lungs ached as the building itself was still a half mile away from the station.

Being a resident of Peridot City for almost her entire life, she was very familiar with the location she was heading toward, just as she was familiar with the flower shop she passed with the elderly Sunflora that sat in the front. She's been here before, but only as an admirer before, remembering seeing Guildmaster Finnegan and Deputy Paulson walking in and out.

Both were revered as heroes in the City she lived in, although Erin admired all the members she would occasionally see growing up. Whether it was coming back from a mission, leaving for one or just walking around town, Erin would always be in awe by how strong they always looked.

Her mood ever so shifting, she continued her sprint, with many Pokemon bustling on the street to turn their heads at her. Turning the corner, she finally slowed down as the building she looked for was in view towards the end of the street.

Looking like an overturned ship, the silver hull that held the building together was bathed in sunlight, casting the ground around it in a circle of shadows. It looked refreshing as Erin realized how hot and dry the air was today.

The size of the building itself was also surprisingly small, reaching only about a couple stories tall. Although, to her being so small, seemed massive. Upon closer look, the metal hull that lay on top of the building was seen to be sculpted in the shape of the legendary pokemon known as Rayquaza.

Windows in lines of three also littered the walls, although the top half actually remained windowless otherwise. It didn't look as new as many of the other buildings that shone multi-color in the city.

Taking a moment to enjoy the fresh, cool air that hit her as she entered the circle, she walked a bit slower to the entrance. Walking up the flight of stairs that led to the door, she passed in an arc that sat in between. Two dragon heads sat on the left and right side of the arc, almost like they were put there to intimidate anyone who would try to enter.

Taking a breath, but knowing she had to enter, she put her hand on the door. This was it. This was the moment she's been waiting for. Just beyond this door were the brave guild members and honorable Pokemon she grew up admiring. The ones that inspired her to become one of them. She opened the door to meet her idols....

"YEARRGH!"

Erin's eyes went wide in comedic shock as another hole was now made to her immediate left, two white furry feet poking out from the smoldering hole.

A Luxray, who stood directly across from them, winced in secondhand pain as electricity was diminishing from her body. Judging the defensive stance she was frozen in, Erin assumed she was the one responsible.

Beyond her, a Rhydon in dark sunglasses laughed heartily. "She got you again, Duncan!" He said, not concerned about the possibly dead Pokemon in the wall. "I gotta be honest thought, Liza. Guildmaster Finnegan's gonna have your behind for that." The Luxray, to her credit, had a look of fear cross her eyes for a second.

A Drapion with a face mask sat on the other side of the table across from the Rhydon, sipping tea from his cup. He looked unbothered by the mayhem. The lobby Erin walked into was smaller than it looked from the outside, with a massive table in the middle that worked itself around in a u-shape. Lights from the chandelier in the middle lit up the golden rug that laid in the middle of the U-shaped table like a fire. Many red and gold banners hung from the many beams inside the building. Erin thought it looked like an old church.