Chapter 5

Chapter 5
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

"We're so happy you two came." The speaker was a Pawmi, who had a yellow construction helmet and orange safety vest on.

Erin and Liza had walked through the village towards the green mountain which brought them towards the forest which had occasional trails going into it. The mine, however, was off a slightly hidden path that was broken by wooden slats that led towards the entrance. Tools were layered on the ground with pickaxes, wheelbarrow's and barrels just outside the entrance, which was guarded by a large wooden door. A few Diglett and Dugtrio lingered outside, some looking afraid while others looked annoyed.

Erin nodded, clenching her fists. "Of course, are you all okay?" she asked, concern in her voice.

The Pawmi narrowed his eyes in annoyance. "Them damn apes didn't even bother to fight us. Just took our damn Nuggets and ran off into the mines. That was 40,000 worth of Nuggets they made off with. "He grumbled.

Liza walked a bit towards the entrance, her bright yellow eyes flashing blue very momentarily as she concentrated. Her sclera and pupils lit up in the same bright color as her eyesight intensified. She looked confused for a moment as she turned back towards them.

Liza cocked her head. "This mine connects to Citrine City and Emerald City areas, right? You don't think it's possible they escaped out one of those tunnels, do you?

The Pawmi shook his head. "We have two separate mine stations at those exits. They haven't reported any signs of them even in the mines, let alone leaving yet." He crossed his arms. "Reckon there were about three or four of 'em too."

Erin nodded enthusiastically, unable to hide her excitement about the mission, much to the bewilderment of the Pawmi.

Liza stretched. "Fair enough." She said, cracking her neck. "A few Pasimian don't sound like the most challenging thing in the world. Mind if we place a stone by the door? Scaredy cat over here has a teleportation stone just in case."

Erin puffed her cheeks at the Luxray, who gave her a mischievous grin in return as the Pawmi led them over to a fireplace. Pulling a stone matching the one in her glove, Erin placed it on the ground. A dirty looking sleeping bag was close by.

The Pawmi puffed out his cheeks in pride. "No need to fear if anything happens, you're more than welcome to use my very own bed to rest up if things go awry."

Erin smiled in exasperation. "Oh...how generous." She replied, still giving an uncertain eye to the filthy bag at her feet. Without another word, she walked with Liza who pulled open the door of the mine.

"Good luck, ladies." The Pawmi murmured as he watched them head into the mines. Giving his team a disgruntled look, he walked over. "Why can't all of you be as brave as them?" He yelled, causing his team to sweat drop.

One Diglett half closed his eyes. "Why don't you go with them?" He asked.

The Pawmi put both hands on his waists, undeterred. "Because I'd get killed in two seconds." He shouted proudly, causing his team to fall over in exasperation at his oblivious confidence...
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
"Ugh, how did they manage to even fit in here?" Liza was disgruntled at how small the tunnel was. She currently had her head bent a little bit to get through the current section they were walking through. Erin, being much smaller and skinnier than even Liza, didn't have much of an issue walking through the small tunnel.