Not playing

"It's fun, isn't it? Eavesdropping..." Vernon whispered lightly in her ear. Y/N jumped startled. Her orbs widened.

Y/N nervously looked around as several pair of eyes turned her way. Uncertainty raked through her body. Don't be suspicious. Don't be suspicious. She repeated the mantra in her head only to find him clapping his fingers around her wrist gently.

"I-I...I was looking for a kitchen." She stammered as he started pulling her to the right end. "I'll get going." Her heels dug into the smooth marble shaking her head as Mingyu chuckled.

"Come with me. You must be hungry." Vernon dragged her to the kitchen as others followed behind. Y/N hoped they didn't get a suspicion. Vernon pulled out a chair for her and pushed her down gently. Y/N licked her dry lips, side-eyeing Vernon as she sat next to her. Wonwoo grumbled trying to take a seat on her other side when pair of hands beat him to that.

"I guess we all are." Mingyu winked at Wonwoo as the latter clenched his fists cursing the younger. Y/N felt intimidated sitting between two burly men. She could feel their thighs brushing against hers unknowingly pulling her legs together. Vernon's eyes looked down at her. Her teeth chewed on her bottom lip pulling out tender flesh and making them more coral, he gulped as his eyes slowly moved down. The loose T-shirt hung loosely on her body hiding away all those curves, the mounted area where the shirt touched her skin, he could see the shape of small nipples.

"When is Jennie coming?" Y/N asked glancing around but not making eye contact with anyone. Seungkwan hit Vernon's shin with his foot mouthing 'Don't be a pervert.'

"She'll not be here today." Seungcheol's deep voice cut through the tension. Jeonghan sat on the other side of the table, his eyes solely focused on her as he noticed her anxious face. This was the first time he saw her this jumpy since they kidnapped her. Was something going on with her?

"Why?" Y/N asked remembering the phone she hid under the mattress. What if someone finds out? Seungcheol leaned back tilting his head.

"Why do you look so upset?" Y/N tried to hold eye contact. Every pair of eyes was on her as she nervously cleared her throat. Taeyong said they were not good men, and she had no reason to trust them either which left her with only one option. To avenge her loved ones. Her parents foremost. Her grandma. And every pain they inflicted on her. Y/N narrowed her eyes.

"Cause I am. I'd rather be with her than with any of you." Wonwoo broke into laughter. Seungkwan gave him a nasty look. Seungcheol shared a look with Jeonghan. Hoshi and Minghao took their seat on either side of Jeonghan as the latter whispered something in the other's ear.

"Here we go again. Feisty little Y/N is back." Wonwoo clapped enthusiastically. Mingyu cursed under his breath. Seungcheol inhaled and looked at her.

"We'll be busy for a few days. I expect you to be"

"On my best behaviour? Got it." Y/N gave him a tight-lipped smile.

"She wasn't as snarky till yesterday. I wonder what changed in one night." Vernon eyed her carefully.

"..." Y/N did her best to hide the tremors of her fingers, and the constant bobbing of her leg. If she play nice, they wouldn't find out. She assured herself oblivious to Jun's keen eyes on her.

****

After breakfast, she excused herself. The burden and weight of playing mafia was a headache. The shake of her fingers was too much that she couldn't even properly eat. The constant fear of getting caught eating her alive. Seungcheol let her rest, advising her to take a bath and tell him or anyone if she feels sick. Their care made her feel more terrible.

Life was definitely not rainbows and unicorns. She started to believe that patience was key to everything. Patience. She threw the pillows at the wall. Their hands moved in their hair as she pulled at her hair letting out breathless pants. What was right? She trusted Taeyong with all her senses. The man had done so much for her, from taking her to giving her a life she did not think she deserved. He gave her unconditional love, care, and a family. But why was there the tiniest part of her that did not want to believe him?