Chapter18

I wonder who this mystery caller was. Why did he say sorry? What did he intend to? May be it was a wrong number. The caller was drunk. Meanwhile I was thinking all this stuff, my phone rang again. It was a client call.

CLIENT: "Hello! Is this Miss Thakur?"

VAISHNAVI: "Yeah! Speaking. Who's this?"

CLIENT: "Ma'am! I am Vivek Goyal from Avaahan! We have decided to fund your company for next year. Your quotations were the most appropriate ones and we have decided to finalize the deal tomorrow evening."

VAISHNAVI: "Sure, sir. We shall finalize the deal tomorrow. I have few upcoming projects. It would be best if it's done early."

CLIENT: "okay then. See you tomorrow. All the best!"

_______________________

Love stories are not always meant to be hearts and flowers. Some stories have distance and separation. Love is all about a promise, immense trust and partner's happiness. I am person who would appreciate the moments spend together, laughing, fighting uselessly and wiping each other's tears. Love is about cherishing togetherness and keeping promises. It is about staring into each other's eyes and then blushing reasonless. When you love someone you can be angry to them at their actions but you cannot unlove them. I was tensed about Ashu's condition but I felt helpless at hands of my own anger.

It is being a tiring day at office. Three hundred phone calls to attend and my mind are now saturated. I slept as soon as I reached home. I am too tired to think about that mysterious caller. Who was he? Why was he apologizing? I think that was a familiar voice. I know him but I cannot recollect in my subconscious mind. His identity is stuck in my mind but I sleep.

Early morning I woke up and called to know about the mystery caller. I have a meeting today with Avaahan. I had never thought things would change so early. From a normal middle class girl stands here a career woman with a business steadily rising. The meeting was a success and the boss (Mr. Veer Singh) was impressed to see me here with my own startup. He said, "I am impressed to see you Miss Thakur. A very few people carry this much courage to grow so fast. About a year ago you were working with us and you are our client." "Thank you so much sir!" I replied. We proceeded for the dinner as the deal was cracked and we were now the official partners of Avaahan.

Meanwhile I got to know about the caller. The telecom company called me back.

TELECOM COMPANY: "Ma'am, the mobile number you enquired about is found. It is registered on name of Ashish Raichand. It was registered a month ago. Any other help ma'am?"

VAISHNAVI: "Okay! Thank you so much. I will let you know if I need any other help."

-------------------------

It was Ashish. He read it. He apologized. He knows I still care. In a second my throat dries and I was choking. My heart skipped a beat and the world spun around me in a jiffy.