💔Because I love you💔

"You care SO much! Don't you?" Stephen yelled, his voice shaking as he spoke, his back turned toward Tony.

"Give me a break!" Tony yelled in return, clenching his fists at his sides.

"This is the part where you leave" Stephen's voice was cold but still shaky.

Tony shook his head and walked toward him, placing a hand on his trembling shoulder.

"I'm not leaving. You're not getting rid of me that easily"

Stephen tried to shake Tony's hand off his shoulder, but he kept it in place.

He finally gave up and turned around to face Tony, tears were streaming down his face.

"Why... Why do you care? Why are you still here? After everything I just said to you? Why didn't you leave?" he asked softly.

Tony cupped Stephen's tear stained, unshaven face and dried his tears.

"Because I love you" he said softly, connecting their lips in a gentle kiss.

Stephen's eyes widened, his heart began to pound in his chest, he closed his eyes tightly, wanting to wrap his arms around Tony's shoulders, but he kept his arms at his sides.

Tony slightly pulled away from the kiss and held his scarred up hands gently, kissing his knuckles.

"We're going to get through this together" he whispered.

Stephen hugged him, no longer feeling so ashamed of his hands. "Yeah, we'll get through this together"

~*~

Tony watched with wide eyes as Stephen gave Thanos the time stone.

"Don't do this"

Stephen only smiled weakly, his hand laid on his wounded abdomen. "Who needs a girlfriend? You're all I think about"

"Why?! Why are you doing this?!" Tony cried, weakly beating his hands against Stephen's chest, tears streaming down his face.

"Because I love you" Stephen whispered, gently cupping Tony's cheek.

"Tony... There was no other way" he said softly, voice barely audible, he reached up to give Tony a small kiss, then his hand fell from Tony's face.

Tony held his hand and kissed it, watching as his body turned to ash.

"I love you too" he whispered, watching as the wind swept away the ashes of his loved one.