Chapter 10: The Future is Bright

(And the story is finished! I do hope you've enjoyed it as much as I had fun writing it. I loved these characters and their stories so much, and I hope this story was enough for them. I don't know when I will write another one, but I hope to include the cast from X and the Future Redeemed. Enjoy!)

            Everyone in the castle rose early for the wedding. Guards, servants, maids, and troops were up and preparing every part of the castle for the wedding. Consul L woke with delight as he stretched and let his servants come to him.

"Ah, everything is ready for our big day?" Consul L asked the frightened guards and maids bowed their heads to him, "Wonderful! Now, please do not delay! It is M and I's big day!"

He chuckled to himself as the guards left him with the maids to prepare for the big day.

"Well, that should be it" Miyabi said as she finished the adjustments on the wedding kimono for Mio, "You look beautiful, my friend!"

Sena made sure to pack Mio's clothes in her outfit as she turned to grin at her friend.

"Yeah! Noah's definitely going to love it!" Sena encouraged with a fist in the air, "But it will not come to that, because he's going to save you from this wedding"

Mio took a deep breath in and calmed her racing heart. This was the big day. Everyone was here and ready to prevent this wedding and return their worlds to normal.

"Right, we shouldn't keep everyone waiting. Let's make this a wedding to remember!" Mio declared with a determined expression as she marched forward with Sena and Miyabi behind her.

Noah woke up to find Reyn, Zeke, and Lanz wearing their guard uniforms.

"Hi Noah! Ready to do this?!" Rex greeted with a bright expression and hand out.

"Ready as I can be, Rex" Noah replied as he held a small smile before taking Rex's hand to stand up.

Noah looked around. Mythra was speaking with Sharla and Pandoria, but Shulk wasn't present.

"Don't worry" Rex said with confidence, "Shulk knows what to do about situations like this. We have nothing to worry about!"

Noah only nodded his head at Rex and followed him to the dining room. Shulk finished using the device and turned to see them.

"So, are we ready to go?" Shulk asked warmly.

"Yes" Noah answered determinedly.

The group gathered around their trio as Shulk held the device to reveal the map to them. Everyone gazed at the holograms and were expecting it closely.

"Right now, Rex, Mythra, Noah, and I will head for the balcony. From there, we will wait until the ceremony begins" Shulk informed them as he pointed to the balcony, "Reyn, Zeke, and Lanz will pose as guards. Sharla and Pandoria will secure an exit for us. Does everyone agree with the plan?"

"Sounds simple enough!" Reyn said as he pumped up his fist in the air.

"We can do this, no problem" Sharla reassured them.

"Then, let's do this!" Shulk said with a grin as he turned the device off.

He prepared to turn the other way until he felt Rex grab his arm.

"Come on, we should state our cheer!" Rex stated with pride as he pounds his hand on his chest.

"A cheer?" Noah asked with a head tilt.

"Yeah! Something to shout before we face an impending foe! It is fun!" Rex suggested with a grin as he put his hands behind his head.

"We didn't do that before we fought the consuls" Lanz commented, much to Rex's horror.