Agreements

It was a cold morning, one I despised as I walked over to the school building. I wore leggings, a longe-sleeve undershirt under my school button-up, gloves, and a hat  which I had yet to take off, still warming up an hour into class.

I was having a hard time focusing on Ectoplasm teaching math. It was boring, mainly because I already knew the topics being taught, but also because of my plans for the day. Talking with Itsuki again, and spending the rest of my time with Eri and online with Yuuko.

As I stared out the window, my mind kept wondering. After being dragged out of the hellish scape that was my mind, Katsuki took me to lay down, held me close, and we watched a comedy together. I was unable to let him go the entire night, needing his presence to put me at peace, to know he was safe, to know that he wasn't in threat of dying in the split of a second. 

Then I woke up, and that darkness went back into the hidden corner in my box. Where I would hope it would stay, but knew better from experience. The darkness never stays away long, but oh well, I've handled worse.

Quite literally. I've had my guts hanging out and my spine broken and yet, I'm still perfectly fine - physically.

Sighing, I glance over my shoulder discreetly, to see Lyria also looking bored, doodling in her notebook. She died her hair black last night. Surprised me to see my face with black hair this morning, but she claimed she did it to give us less of a physical similarity. She also wore leggings and a long shirt underneath, but her hat and gloves were off and in a bag.

Every day, seeing Lyria and knowing I have a twin, was still very unnerving. I was trying to get over it, what with her wanting nothing to do with the business, only wanting to be a hero in the shadows since she hates the public sphere, and wanting to destroy Osaka, Garaki and AFO. 

I couldn't blame her for either of those things. I know the public hate well, though it has morphed into acceptance since I got popularized for taking down a nomu with no casualties in the midst of Tokyo. It would be best to be on the public's good side, now that I'm back with Kaz Co.

Though, after this all goes down with Osaka and the LOV, I don't know if I should still be a hero. It was always a maybe for me, considering my background and the risk I pose. But now I am a walking target, and Osaka has shown she doesn't care about how many civilians could be involved, harmed, to get her hands on me, to hurt the people I love.

Maybe it will be better to call it quits, even after everything I've worked for. For if Osaka is gone for good, if AFO is gone for good, then I can focus on the company and not worry about the lives of my loved ones no longer, or at least as much as I do now.

Maybe I should stop being a hero publicly now, just work in the shadows with Hawks. Disappear from the Hero realm somewhat, since my business is intertwined. That could work even better, but I know Osaka will find a way to drag me out, all consequences damned. 

What if I leave Japan? Take the fight somewhere far from everyone I care for? Europe or Americ--

"What you thinking about?" I flinch to glance at Kyoka piercing me with a quizzical look, noticing how out-of-it I was. I glanced around the room to see people talking with each other, realizing it was study-hall now.

I shrugged and lied. "Just how the work study is going to go."

"I bet you'll get a top tier hero to work for, or most of us! Making other students feel like crap!" Mina hopped in, literally over Kyoka's desk, sitting on it and kicking her feet up. "Especially that class 1b with that Monoma guy. He is so annoying and needs to shut up sometimes," she said loudly, her voice still bubbly. 

I looked over my two friends; the lively, happy one and the calm and collected one. A small smile crossed my lips.

"If only we could all be as lively as you, Mina," I mused, thinking of a world full of Mina-Personalities. It would either be complete chaos or utter peace.