You've been summoned.

Chapter Seven

Lily POV

Darkness. All I could see was darkness. I opened my eyes, only to quickly shut them. The light was too bright, the darkness was better. It had no pain, no memories. I welcomed the black, the evil, the darkness. That was until I heard my favourite sound in the world. Logan.

"Lily," he spoke softly. "Do you know where you are?"

It couldn't be Logan. I was in a hunters compound. If I was with Logan I'd be safe. I wasn't safe. I'd never be safe again it must be the drugs they gave me.

"Lily," I heard him say it again. "Lily, open your eyes."

Slowly as I blinked the sterile white room came into focus, my eyelids fluttered open and I tried to make sense of my surroundings. The soft beeping of machines filled the air, blending with the distant murmur of voices. I felt groggy and disoriented, my body heavy and unresponsive.
Slowly, I turned my head to the side, my gaze landing on a figure seated beside my bed.
My eyes flashed open wide. I was in a hospital room, Logan beside my bed holding my right hand and my mother holding my left. There was a doctor in the corner of the room looking at a chart. I stiffen.

I wasn't safe.

I was hallucinating. Logan's hand moved to stroke my cheek, wiping tears I didn't know had spilled. I couldn't take it. I felt my chest constrict. The stomach bile rising in my throat. I exploded. I lashed out, ripping my hands away from theirs. Logan tried to grab my shoulders, but I screamed and hit out at him. I couldn't let him touch me. I was dirty. I was used. I couldn't let him get close to me. He was going to hurt me. Everyone hurt me.

"Lily, you're okay. You're safe," Logan tried to say calmly. I just screamed in his face. I couldn't do this. I needed to get out of here. I scratched and I clawed.
A nurse appeared beside me and put something into my IV.

"NO," I screamed at her. I lashed out at her trying to grab my IV. "DON'T GIVE ME ANYMORE DRUGS!"

I could feel the blackness coming back. I wasn't safe with the blackness. I had to fight it. My eyes were heavy. I relaxed into the bed. I was limp. With a jolt I sat upright.

"What the-?" started my mother.

My eyes wild, I ripped my IV from my cannula.

"No more drugs." I stressed with my wolf. I knew she was in control.

The doctor bowed his head as if I had given him an Alpha command. Logan looked at me in shock and wonder.

"Okay," said the doctor. "No more drugs, but that means no more lashing out."

I nodded. Logan reached for my hand and flinched it back.

"Don't touch me," I whispered. "Please. I can't."

He looked hurt. I couldn't let him touch me. I was dirty. He couldn't have me as a mate. I felt my stomach bile rise in my throat. My chest constricting again. I couldn't calm myself. I lent over the side of the bed and emptied my stomach contents, coughing. Logan reach to rub my back, but I flinched.

"I SAID DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME," I screamed.

"Lily, sweet pea," my mother said. "You're okay. No one is going to touch you. Isn't that right?" She glared at Logan. He nodded. "It's in his nature to help you. It's just going to take time. Just take some deep breaths."

I willed myself to calm down and felt my wolf retreat, but still ready on the surface should I need her.

"How come the sedation didn't work?" She quizzed the doctor.