Just you and me.

Chapter Three

Logan POV

I sat on my bed in silence waiting for the minutes to pass before I could go back next door and collect Lily. I couldn't believe we had not only kissed but also slept together. I couldn't help but panic thinking about what would happen if my dad found out. He took me aside a few months ago and told me no more girls under any circumstances, I had to wait for my mate. He thinks I won't do my duty to the pack and wait for my destined mate, letting my heart go over my head and take a chosen mate. An Alpha mate with a chosen mate isn't as strong as one with their destined.
God I wish Lily was my destined mate. It would make everything so simple. Only two more days until I found out. Lily and I would both be sharing a first full moon after our 18th which was in two days time. We would both get to shift into our fully grown wolves together.
I loved her wolf, it was kinda small but she was quick and so strong. Jet black and bright blue ice like eyes. Mine was a lot bigger, also jet black but with grey eyes. She was so playful in her wolf form, she seemed so natural and free. I wonder if that's how she's able to bring her wolf to the surface while remaining in her human form. I'll need to ask her how she did that exactly. I've only heard of Alphas doing that after their first full grown shift. Some of them don't even do it until they are mated and stronger.
Maybe I could mention it to my dad, he would be please about me bringing up the possibility of me becoming Alpha. I often avoided the subject because I didn't feel ready. I also didn't want to accept it until I found my mate, dad and mum ran the pack together well so there was no need to take over. Besides what if my mate didn't want to be an Alpha female, I couldn't make her could I?

I glanced at the clock 5:45pm. I better go over to Lily's, even when she knows she needs to be ready and we need to leave by a certain time she's always late so I try to give her a little extra notice. Grabbing my phone, keys and wallet, I shut my bedroom door. My parents had already left to set up, so I called to my brother Seth.

"Seth, I'm going to grab Lily and Alex," I shouted as I walked down the stairs. "Are you coming with us or is someone picking you up?"

"Can I go with you?" He asked as he came out of the front room.

"Yeah that's fine, have you got everything?" I asked. "I'm going over to Lily's now, but I won't leave without you if you need to sort anything?"

"Give me a second, I just want to change my shoes!" He said running up the stairs to his bedroom.

"I'm going to go a head to Lily's so she knows to get a move one," I shouted after him. Really it was because I wanted, no needed, to see her again. That girl was addicting. If this is half of what having a mate was like then I don't understand how they can be apart for more than 5 seconds.
I shut the front door behind me, crossed our front garden and walked up the Walsh's driveway. I knocked three times on the door and Ryan answered and moved to let me through the door.

"Hey, are the girls ready to go?" I asked.

"They are upstairs giggling at something," he said rolling his eyes.

"You looking forward to the full moon? Just don't be too disappointed if you can't find your mate." Asked Scott.

Ryan and Scott still hadn't found their mates, they'd even been to other packs searching but no luck so far.

"Hey lover boy," called Alex from the top of the stairs. "She's up nearly ready. I call shot gun for the window seat, Lily can sit beside you!"

Ryan and I chuckled, Alex had been calling me Lily's lover boy since we were 13 when, unbeknownst to Ryan, she had caught Lily and I kissing behind my parents garage.

"Are you two going with Logan then?" asked Ryan, looking what I thought was disappointed.

"Oh, I'd much rather go with you," she purred. "But unfortunately you are going with my brother and we can hardly make out with him in the car."