Chapter 13

Olivia glared as she sat down in front of her stalker. She was silent as she studied him. She was unnerving him. "Listen, lady, I just took the job. I didn't know all the details.", she licked her lips and hummed, "Unfortunately you were still stalking not only a child but two government employees. As far as we are concerned you're either a predator or a terrorist.", she tilted her head. "My specialty is both. I'm not only one of the President's Agents and a leader of one of his teams, I'm a BAU Agent. Right now, I'm acting as a President agent. Rules and Rights don't apply here. Anything I decide to do, is legal.", the man swallowed, "I got a call. It was a woman. I just. I thought maybe I was acting like a private investigator. I thought it was an affair.", Olivia smirked, "I'll need your phone checked then.", he nodded and she sighed, "How did the woman pay you?". He sighed, "CashApp.", she nodded, "I'll need that too.", he nodded and she took a deep breath. "I swear, I just thought it was a PI Job.". She smirked, "It may be, but you aren't a PI.", and she left the room.

Days had passed and the team were now on the back half of a case in Montana. They had their Unsub identified and why he was committing his crimes, but now they needed to find him. The homosexual submissive partner that fell in love with the dominant heterosexual partner. How quaint. "A squad car spotted his blazer. Side of the road near the basin. There's some High places out there. And we know he's turning combative.", Olivia smirked as she turned her cap around, "Got a chopper and a sniper?", the sheriff nodded, the raven haired female having scared the police into submission within the first 24 hours of the BAU being called in. "Hex.", she sent Hotch a look, "I'm the best shot.", and she walked out the door, slinging a gun case over her shoulder as she did.

Emily and Derek were sneaking up on the suspect from behind, Hotch, Spencer, and David were standing in front of the suspect, David acting as the negotiator. Olivia was stationed just behind them, laying on the highest point she could, her cap backwards as she got her gun ready to fire. "I've got eyes on the sus, shot blocked by the Vic. Standing by.", the suspect was getting anxious and twitchy, sweaty. And, he didn't have the strength his counterpart had. The victim moved quickly and broke away from the suspect, running down and meeting Emily and Derek, "Put it down!", the suspect raised his gun to shoot one of the three when a gun shot rang out, "Prentiss!!", Derek, Emily, and the victim all looked at the suspect to see a shot that had entered the suspects back and gone out his chest. Right into his heart. The suspect dropped and the team all turned to the rock formation as Olivia stood up, her sniper unloaded and her whistle sounded to those below here. The team let out sighs of relief, the helicopter picked Olivia up and she jumped from the copter before it was safe to get to her team, she waved the pilot away and the team looked at her. "Suspect down. Vic saved. No friendly casualties.", she flashed a smile and glanced at the victim, "Good survivor instinct.", and Olivia walked away. The team looking at her. Olivia never got emotional after a suspect death she caused, the only emotion Olivia ever showed on cases was compassion for the victims and their families and annoyance and anger at the police and the suspects. But never guilt. And Spencer wanted to know how she did it.

Spencer and Olivia walked around the coffee shop looking for a booth. Before Olivia found one and quickly claimed it. "Nice, window seats.", she grinned and Spencer chuckled as he sat down in front of her. "Is this about what's been bothering you since the stuff with Tobias?", Spencer nodded, "Yes, kind of. I just.", she tilted her head, "Spence, I'm here. Whatever you want to ask, I'm here.", he nodded before looking down at the table. "Do you get nightmares?", she softly smiled, "I do. A lot actually. From my time as a POW, my first few cases as Agent Hex, a few times when I thought I should have done more to help a victim. But never about anyone I've taken down, before my time with the BAU to now. If I let what I've done for the good of others get to me, I wouldn't be efficient at my job. But that doesn't mean that I'm not like anyone else. My nightmares are the what ifs and memories of things that have happened in the past to me. Never about cases or suspects themselves. You and Gideon both had this idea that I was a sociopath. But I'm not. I just had to learn how to compartmentalize. I had to learn how to separate Olivia from Agent Hex. And after awhile, I didn't know who was who. Olivia Hexlie and Agent Hex morphed into being the same person, despite there being a stark difference between the two. Agent Hex is all work, no play, and Olivia Hexlie, all she wants is to make sure those she cares about are safe from any harm. And somehow, I'm both at the same time but it can be confusing. It makes it seem like I'm harsh and cruel and uncaring. But I am. To those that I care about. But I don't care about everyone. I am compassionate to victims and families to victims but I'm indifferent to the unsubs and their excuses.", she tilted her head, "Just because I'm seemingly uncaring about what I do, it's a ruse.", she softly smiled. "And I surely hope that you never turn into me.", she patted his hand, "Because I'm not normal, Spencer. And I never will be. I'll do whatever I have to in order to keep the ones I care for safe. Even if I have to kill people that threaten those I care about. And that is very few people. You, the rest of the team, my team, the President. Will from Bew Orleans. Jack. I can take anything that comes at me, torture, bullets, a murderer, a kidnapping, but if anything threatens you guys. I'd tear the threat apart. Without hesitation.", Spencer nodded, "Because I'm a trained killer, spy, and agent. It's what I do. But not you. You're a genius who loves his mom and grew up too fast. But you're exactly how you're supposed to be.", he nodded at her, "Don't think something is wrong with you because you aren't me or Derek or Hotch. If anything, there's something wrong with me. And that's okay.", the two stood up as the sky turned dark and left the cafe, Olivia driving Spencer home and getting into her apartment to see a folder on her cabinet. She opened her and clenched her jaw. She and Hotch were being stalked, and she's pretty sure she knew by who. And not just them, Jack and the nanny, Haley and Jessica. She clenched her jaw and threw the folder. Her eyes dark. "Foyet.", and she grabbed her phone, calling Dig.