Chapter 4: A Slytherin Boy

"You're pretty bold Seok Matthew" a deep voice resounded from above. Laughter erupted from all around him as Matthew drearily opened his eyes.

"You and Sung Hanbin should know better. Just because you've been practicing so hard for this quidditch match, doesn't give you the right to sleep in my class" The professor's voice boomed out as Matthew raised his head off his arms and nervously laughed.

"I'm sorry. Quidditch?" He asked as he noticed a bunch of students in different coloured robes sitting around the old ancient room.

"Holy shit." Matthew whispered as he spotted Hanbin on the other side of the room, only just waking up as well. He stared at Matthew who was being confronted as his eyes opened in realisation.

Matthew spotted a bright yellow 'GRIFFINDOR' splashed across Hanbin's robe as he looked down to his own robes. He sighed as he saw green and internally cried.

"Pay attention. We're making love potions right now, you and Hanbin better watch out for them" The Professor smirked as Matthew's cheeks burned from embarrassment.

"Yes sir," he mumbled as the teacher nodded, satisfied, and continued teaching. He made eye contact with Hanbin from across the room and mouthed "what the actual fuck?".

Hanbin only shrugged and mimicked opening up a book. Ahh the book. Matthew saddened as he remembered their last chapter, having to say goodbye to Keita, who wasn't even a character, was absolute pain.

He discreetly opened the book underneath the potions and read it, still in disbelief that somehow he had ended up at his dream school of his teenage years.

As they travelled into the world of magic and wizardry, they found themselves facing some fantastical encounters. And it all begins in the five and six year potions class, where captains of opposing and rivalry houses, Seok Matthew and Sung Hanbin, meet with a muggle boy who they must save.

"So Hyung is in the year above me huh?" Matthew whispered as he beamed and snapped closed the book, locking away the information for next time. Might as well enjoy the limited time he'd get to spend here.

He turned to the boy next to him, and noticed that he was also in Slytherin. "Hey there! Should we do this together?" Matthew exclaimed as he put on a bright smile, shocking the other boy.

His seat mate had glasses on and fluffy hair and honestly looked flabbergasted that Matthew was talking to him. His mouth opened and closed as he winced at Matthew. "Um is there something wrong?" Matthew questioned, praying that his character hadn't been a dick to this poor boy in the past.

"I-uh n-nothing" the boy stuttered as he ducked his head away and continued playing with the potion. "Hmm weird" Matthew mumbled as he didn't give up.

He noticed the boy sneaking looks at Matthew as Matthew slowly and gently put a hand on the boy's back. "Hey are you sure everything's ok?"

The boy flinched at he stared at Matthew straight in the eye. "Hey are you sure you should be talking to me?" He said with a scared voice as Matthew just tilted his head and smiled.

The boy bit his lip whispering "popular people shouldn't talk to losers like me" he mumbled as a person tapped Matthew on the back.

"Yeah Matthew ah, remember you can't associate with muggles." A vicious looking Slytherin sneered as Matthew rolled his eyes. Once, he might've been scared and followed the peer pressure, but after witnessing one of his precious friends fading away into nothingness, his mindset had strengthened.

"Yeah? Well I don't remember ever wanting to associate with people like you either" Matthew sassed and the boy opened his mouth in shock and glared at Matthew.