Chapter 9: A Family

Matthew gasped as he opened his eyes, feeling his heart beating normally again. "Holy shit, that was intense-" he breathed out as he clutched his chest.

It felt like Deja Vu, waking up and being alive.

"Does it feel nice to be alive?" Zhang Hao asked from his own bed as Matthew gave him a bright smile. Matthew bounded over to him as he opened his arms widely, "Hao hyung!" Matthew exclaimed as he fell on top of Zhang hao's lying figure.

Zhang Hao glared at him as he tried to distract himself from Matthew's sunshine aura. "Don't 'Hao hyung' me after that stunt you pulled" Zhang Hao mumbled, puffing his cheeks as he worriedly glanced up at Matthew, making sure he was alive.

"Hao hyung I'm sorry, but hey! We're all in this new world together and it doesn't actually look like a mess!" Matthew beamed as Zhang hao groaned and gave in. Pulling Matthew down beside him under the blankets, Zhang Hao pinched his cheeks repeatedly.

"Don't do that again Matthew. Okay?" He said sternly as Matthew replied with swollen cheeks "yesh hyung".

He glanced towards the empty third bed in the room as Matthew cocked his head "do we have another roommate?" He asked as Zhang hao sighed. "Our mafia dude apparently has a habit of waking up three hours early to do his hair."

"And... that's him," Zhang Hao sighed as Ricky walked out of the bathroom, fixing the strands on his hair slightly, as he stopped by the mirror. "Ooh yeah, I look even better in this world," he chuckled as he turned to the two faces staring at him from the bed.

"What's up," Ricky said with a calm expression as he went over to give Matthew an unexpected hug. "Mhm, Matthew hyung, you're the best thing that's happened to me since I woke up," Ricky mumbled as Matthew sighed and pushed him off.

"You too Ricky ah, I'm sorry you had to go through that, but let's get to know each other more and become friends" Matthew beamed as he shook Ricky's hand. Ricky stared at his hand in wonder as Zhang hao rushed out "the book Matthew, the book!"

"Oh right!" Matthew mumbled excitedly as he fetched it out. By now, Matthew had already saved everyone, so he wondered what type of chapter was in store for him.

Doesn't Seok Matthew deserve to be happy? Our protagonist has done so much for the story, it's time he's granted one wish to get saved. His dream.

"Matthew ah, what's your dream?" Zhang Hao asked gently as Matthew smiled, tears brimming in his eyes. "A dancer, well now maybe a performer since the last chapter with you," Matthew mumbled shyly as they both cooed.

As they journey through their lives as idols,  Matthew will find many confrontations that will challenge him. But as a family, Zerobaseone will come through...

"Pft what the heck is Zerobaseone?!" Ricky exclaimed as he slapped the bed, laughing. "It sounds like a technology code!" Zhang Hao exclaimed as Matthew winced.

"That's the name of our group guys..."

The three of them stilled as the severity of the situation caught up to them.

"MATTHEW HYUNGGG!"

Noises from the hallway could be heard as everyone groaned, "the kids have already woken up," Zhang Hao muttered as Matthew peeked into the hallway.

Three bundles slammed into him as Gyuvin, Yujin and Gunwook stared at him with puppy eyes, grabbing him tightly. "Hyung!"

"Hyunggg" Yujin cried as he exclaimed "we thought you were going to die," he said sadly as Matthew laughed and patted his head. "Yujin ah, of course not, I haven't even took you out for chicken yet!" Matthew exclaimed as Gyuvin burrowed into his side.