Chapter 6: A Prisoner

"IT'S AN AMBUSH! RUN!"

Matthew's back ached as he felt water dripping onto his face. Matthew groaned as he rolled around on the hard surface.
"Seokmae, stay still." Hanbin whispered into his ears as Matthew stilled. That's when he heard the screams.

"Help me! Please!"

Matthew started shivering as he sat up in the small tent, Hanbin already up and packing their bags. "Hao hyung... Hao hyung wake up," Matthew said softly as he shook Zhang Hao awake.

Zhang hao frowned, but kept silent as he peered down at their soldier uniforms. "Where's everyone else?" he whispered as Matthew shook his head. "We'll find them, but for now we need to run!" Hanbin said urgently as in the darkness of the night, flames could be seen.

Matthew lifted the tent slightly, as he whispered in shock. "What is this madness?"

Outside the tent, were many other tents that were being set on fire. Along with soldiers wearing the same uniform, getting ambushed by enemy soldiers. Matthew didn't even get the time to check his book, as Hanbin held their arms and screamed "RUN!"

They ducked and weaved through the tents, as Matthew felt his instincts directing where to go. "Hyung, let's follow those lines of trees," Matthew urged as they ran into the forest.

"Don't let them get away!" An enemy screamed as they saw the trio escaping. An arrow whisked above his head as Matthew started sweating nervously. "Seokmae!" Hanbin screamed as he saw an arrow coming towards them.

He pushed Matthew and Zhang Hao to the side as it grazed Hanbin's arm, causing him to hiss in pain. "HANBIN HYUNG!" Matthew yelled as he faltered, only to have Zhang Hao pushing him further into the forest.

"I'm fine Seokmae, keep going," Hanbin gritted as Matthew's eyes lingered on the wound. "Come on Matthew run," Zhang Hao bit out as they all sprinted through the trees. They ran away from the chaos as Matthew sighed in relief.

"It's ok- we're far enough- oomph!" Matthew exclaimed loudly as he made hard contact with a body. Zhang Hao steadied him as Hanbin turned in alarm to defend them.

"Matthew?"

"Matthew hyung!" Two bundles leapt towards him in joy as Gyuvin and Yujin hugged him tightly. "Hyung what is this?" Yujin asked as he cried heart wrenching tears.

"I don't know Yujin ah. I seriously don't know," Matthew whispered as they settled down onto the clearing. Taerae sighed in relief as he saw that they were all safe as Matthew settled Hanbin down on a log.

"You guys set up the campfire and everything ok? We're staying here from the night," Matthew said sternly as he craned his neck for any more noises of chaos. It seemed like they were far away enough.

"Seokmae I'm fine," Hanbin said as he held his arm and gritted his teeth in pain. "No Hanbin hyung, you're obviously not." Matthew said softly as he sat Hanbin down and looked at his arm. "You'll be ok..." he whispered as Hanbin nodded. "The Hanbin hyung I know is strong," Matthew added with a smile.

He looked through his bags as he found a bandage and cleansed the wound. After he unnecessarily covered Hanbin's whole entire arm, Matthew sat back, satisfied. He fished a few pain killers from his bag as he probed them into Hanbin's mouth.

"Ahem, ah hyung, once you guys are done we've set everything up!" Gyuvin said as Matthew marvelled their work. Zhang Hao looked at him, having led the whole process and preened when Matthew complimented them.

"Good job!" Matthew said as they all sat around the fire and took some time to take in their surroundings.

Matthew opened his mouth-