Blame

"I wish I'd been there," Kiri said. We were all gathered around by the shore with Tsireya, Aonung and Rotxo along with the Sully siblings. Lo'ak had been explaining to us about his encounter with the Tulkun— payakan.

"The ocean has blessed you with a gift brother."

I knew where this was going to go, and I'm totally on Lo'aks side. Maybe if I can change a part of the story I could convince everyone that Payakan isn't as bad as they say he is.

"And you believe he was the reason you were saved?" I asked trying to be as fascinated with the conversation as I can. If they see I agree with Lo'ak, maybe they will too.

"Yes, I almost died that day." Lo'ak answered with genuine gratitude. I could see Aonung look away from the group for a moment as I knew he felt guilt of his actions. I looked over at Tsireya who had a worried look on her face as the thought of Lo'ak dying because of her brother would definitely be the death of her.

"The tulkun have not returned yet— no tulkun is ever alone." Aonung finally spoke.

"This one was, he had a missing fin." Lo'ak told us as he motioned to his left arm. He looked at Tsireya as he spoke. " like a stump on the left side."

"Poor tulkun." Kiri sadly spoke.

"I think I know what Tulkun it might have been." I said. " Tsireya knows it's name, right?" I turned my gaze to her as she knew what I was talking about. She has talked about Payakan once in all the time I've known her.

"Payakan, it's Payakan." She said looking back at me as she remembered our talk long ago.

"Who's Payakan?" Neteyam asked curiously.

"A young Tulkun who went rogue." I answered looking up at him. We haven't really talked at all today. Especially about what happened at night on the training sight. It's like we choose not to talk about it, for our own sake. But I wish he would, he hasn't really said a word to me since then and it almost makes me think we might have made it awkward

Whatever we even had going on

Focus Naya.

"He's a outcast—alone. And has a missing fin." Rotxo added. Tsireya turned to look at Lo'ak again, her hand placed in his arm. "They say he is a killer."

"No." Lo'ak said disagreeing.

"He killed Na'vi," Aonung told him, " And other Tulkun. Not here— far to the south."

"No, he's no killer," Lo'ak said defensively

"Lo'ak." Tsireya said trying to calm him down. "You are lucky to be alive."

This upset Lo'ak even more. "I'm telling you guys he saved my life." He looked at everyone as he placed a hand over Tsireya's. "He's my friend."

"He has a point," i began to explain, Aonung looked at me like i was insane. " if Payakan was so dangerous, why didn't he kill Lo'ak himself when he had the chance?"

Lo'ak gave me a 'thank you' look but it quickly faded when Rotxo spoke up.

"he might have tamed it." Rotxo teased, i looked over at Neteyam who also chuckled at the joke. He stood up from his crouched position beside Kiri and walked to stand behind his brother.

"My baby bro," he teasingly said as he placed his hands on Lo'aks shoulders. "The mighty warrior who faced the killer Tulkun and lived to tell about it."

As expected, Lo'ak shook him off before standing up as well. Neteyam chuckled and stepped away, standing behind Kiri. I looked at him with a stern look, clearly no one was truly listening to Lo'ak. Especially Neteyam.