Bipolar

Once Aonung took off I sat alone for a moment before I decided I would go back to the village and see if there is anything new on Kiri. I saw Lo'ak running straight towards me.

"NAYA!" Lo'ak called as he came up to me, panting from running. "Kiri woke up!" He finally said.

"Wait really? How is she?" I asked knowing damn well she was okay, we walked straight into the village together. Lo'ak kept his promise on informing me if she woke up.

"Norm suspects she has epilepsy." Lo'ak explained. Right, he did say that in the movie, I wonder how that could even be a thing here.

"Right.. that doesn't sound so good." I say slowly, we were walking through the village and could see Tuk and Neteyam sitting inside of their house together.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Lo'ak said as we both stepped in his home. It was awkward once I realized both Neteyams parents were there and I should have asked to step into their home first before doing so.

Neytiri looked pleased to see me, after that talk we had I consider her like a friend too. Someone to look up too.

I greeted both Neytiri and Jake with a smile, Jake looked surprised to see me. Easy to say that it was slight nerve wrecking being in the home of Toruk Macto

"That's Naya," Neteyam chimed in, " she helped me get Kiri back to the village." He said to look at his father once he noticed he was staring like I was some stranger who walked into their home. Which I was, but that wasn't the point.

"Yes, thank you for all your help." Jake thanked me as he smiled.

All I did was nod, I wasn't quite sure what to say. Once that awkward tension ended, a horn sounded from the center of the village. I remembered what that meant from out training long ago with Tsireya. The Tulkun have finally arrived.

My spirit sister
-
" so how will I know that it's my spirit sister?"

I say to Tsireya, it was the season of the Tulkun return and she insisted on finding me a spirit sister just like hers.

Which if i can remember Aonung telling me, finding your spirit Tulkun should have been a ritual since birth. I was too late for that, regardless Tsireya thinks it's never too late

"I'm not exactly sure how to explain it," she says thinking for a bit. "You'll just know."

I chuckle sarcastically, " I'll just know? Really?" I say unamused. I was hoping for a better explanation. This is never going to work.

"Okay okay, that wasn't the best reasoning." She admitted, " it's kind of like falling in love."

"Be so for real," I laugh. " you expect me to fall in love with her?"

"yeah," she pauses. " well not in the way that you think. I just say that it's similar because your bond will be so strong, you'll feel that connection. kind of like when you fall in-love."

"Right?" I raise an eyebrow, I wasn't exactly sure what she meant by that comparison since I've never actually felt that feeling, but what's the worse in trying ?

-
"What was that?" Lo'ak asked referring to the loud sound booming from outside. I turned to look at Lo'ak and Neteyam. "The tulkun have returned"

I smiled as the thought of my spirit sister rushed in my mind. Tsireya was right after all, once I found my sister it was like love at first sight. I truly felt like I could tell her anything even if we knew each other for such a short time.

I began to rush outside as I saw many other Metkayina joyous to see their spirit animal. I called out for my Ilu to lead me to where the Tulkun were at. I could hear Neteyam behind me, "let's go!"  I say to him as I connect my queue with Buddy the Ilu.

"Wait up!" Neteyam chuckled as I was already heading towards my spirit sister.

All of the people were beyond happy to see the return of the Tulkun. Everywhere I looked I could see them jumping in to the water or hurrying towards the center of the reef where it was assumed that the Tulkun were.

I was met with my spirit sister as I tapped my thigh to get her attention before motioning her towards me. Neteyam followed up with me as he watched my spirit sister in motion.

"It's my spirit sister." I say to him as I turned my head to meet his eyes and smiled when I saw his face light up with joy. The Tulkun was a bit different than the others, smaller and had a lighter tone to her, but she had a one of a kind personality.

The air was filled with cheers as the Tulkun jumped out of the water with joy for seeing their brothers and sisters once again.

"You want to meet her?" I ask Neteyam, he turns to me and nods. We dived into the water with Buddy the Ilu. Neteyam quickly held on to my waist so he wouldn't be separated by the speed of the water.

Countless Tulkun swam around the Navi in greeting to their siblings. I let go of Buddy the Ilu as Neteyam and I swam over to my spirit sister. Neteyam followed behind, still keeping close contact so he wouldn't get separated.

He was an awe as he looked up at the large creature infront of him. My spirit sister was excited to see me once again just as much as I was excited to see her.

Neteyam tapped me on the shoulder as I turned to look at him, " I think you guys need to catch up, I'll be close by." He signed as I nodded, he swam a bit up to the surface. Assuming to get some air, I turned back to my spirit sister and smiled.

" was that a boy?"

"Yeah, it was. But don't get any ideas alright?"

"I don't know, by the way he was looking at you. It seems like there is something going on"

"No, we are strictly just friends. Acquaintances if you will."

"Can't act a fool with me Naya, it's obvious you like that boy."

"well.. your not wrong.."

"See! Why don't you tell him how you feel?"

"It's complicated."

-

A/n

Omg this chapter is so short but I just found out my dads sister is going through a divorce lmao