Chapter 12: National Argument Day (unofficial)

7:22am
Carlos’s POV

I sat next to Daniel on the bench by the bus stop, patiently waiting for the bus to arrive, along with Lia. I zipped open my backpack’s small pocket and grabbed my royal blue infinity cube to flip to pass the time.

“Can I try?” Daniel asked, pointing to my infinity cube.

I shoved it into the right pocket of my jacket. “Nope”.

“Oh, c’mon,” he pouted, crossing his arms.

I swear he acts like a toddler sometimes. Actually, I take that back. He acts like a toddler all the time.

Lia ran over to us from her house in the distance. “Hello there, you muffin heads,” she panted, dropping her black sketchbook, some sci-fi novel, and an emerald colored water bottle next to Daniel.

“Hi,” Daniel and I both greeted as she sat down between us.

A brief silence arose, and I took out my infinity cube again.

“You have an infinity cube?” Lia questioned, pointing to it.

I nodded as I swiftly flipped it. Let’s hope Lia doesn’t steal my infinity cube. Daniel always tries to steal mine. Like all the time.

“Me too.” She searched her jacket pocket and pulled out a green and blue infinity cube, and tossed it to me.

“Can I try?” Daniel asked again, but to Lia instead of me.

I tossed it back to Lia, and she began to flip it. “Nope.”

“Why does nobody let me play with their infinity cubes?” Daniel pouted.

“Because we don’t trust you being careful with it, and you will probably break it,” Lia replied, standing up and grabbing her stuff that she dropped on the bench.

Daniel and I also stood up because if the bus is on schedule (which it usually is), then it should arrive in about a minute.

“Smart move,” he murmured as the yellow school bus screeched to a stop.

The doors opened, and we all jogged up the stairs into the bus. Lia sat by herself, and I, unfortunately, sat by Daniel. Once we took a seat, a trio of students ran into the bus right before the doors closed.

“Sorry we’re late,” one of them apologized to the bus driver.

The trio sat in front of us on one seat. Isn’t there supposed to be two per seat?

I didn’t think much of it and grabbed my phone out of my backpack to play games to pass the time. The bus began to drive, and we were on our way to school since our stop is the last one that the bus picks up (which is more convenient than you think).

7:43am
Liaanna’s POV

Daniel, Carlos, and I ran off the bus into the courtyard towards the school to meet Cat and the others.

“I’m gonna go find Michael, so see you guys around,” Daniel said before running off.

Carlos turned around but quickly turned back. That’s new.

“Boo!” Cat exclaimed, grabbing my shoulders. I yelped and turned around. That’s why Carlos turned around and turned back at the speed of light.

“You muffinhead, don’t scare me like that!” I playfully punched her arm.

“Sorry,” Cat apologized, looking down.

Cat looked back up. “But let’s be honest, it was one-hundred percent comedy-based.” We began jogging up the steps, and I grabbed my student ID out of my backpack.