Episode 5

Ext: Chaos Island

Metal and Sage would soon be approaching the next island. Wanting to avoid being shot down again, Metal would land near the edge of the island for a better chance of not getting spotted by any enemies. Once they touch the ground the two would look around the area.

Sage

"We have arrived at Chaos Island. This is where the third titan is located. We must try our best to avoid encountering it." She informs Metal.

Metal Sonic

"This place is more of a wasteland compared to the other islands." Metal begins to walk while he looks around and stares out at the rocky island. Seeing the multiple ancient destroyed ruins and lava that was flowing out of a volcano with its smoke makes the sky gray.

Sage

"Barren as this place may be, we can surely find some useful materials here on this island to help upgrade you." Sage tells Metal. She would look at him and see Metal staring at a Koco who seems to be doing some sort of training. "We should get moving, Metal."

Metal Sonic

"Right." Metal Sonic refocuses on the mission and begins to run off. "By the way Sage. I've been meaning to ask. The last time we faced my organic copy, I was picking up something inside of him while scanning. From what I heard, when he rescued his friends that were trapped, he was taking in some weird energy from their cages. Do you know anything about that?'

Sage

"His body is taking in the cyber energy stored within those cages. It's corrupting his body, and if he recklessly continues to absorb more it will be fatal for him."

Metal Sonic

"You seem positive about that. But now that makes me understand something. I've been absorbing these robot materials that contain cyber energy. But I haven't felt any bad side effects at all. So you must have been protecting me from the corruption, huh?"

Sage

"Correct. When you allowed me into your system, I could prevent you from malfunctioning when taking in the cyber energy. As well as upgrade you with the ancient's technologies. Before all I could really do was act as an observer over the islands while I was uploaded into Cyber Space."

Metal Sonic

"Cyber Space, what exactly is that place?"

Sage

"From what I could gather, long ago, the ancients created Cyber Space to store records of their history, memories, and hopes. As if they encoded their very existence there." Sage explained.

Metal Sonic

"So, all those worlds I traveled into were pieces of my memories digitized into Cyber Space? Hmmm, strange how it could affect me like that." Metal Sonic thought about all the worlds he saw in Cyber Space.

Sage

"Is something the matter, Metal?" Sage looked at him.

Metal
"It's nothing. Let's continue with the mission." Metal begins to walk ahead of Sage.

Metal and Sage would traverse Chaos Island taking out plenty of enemies to gather materials. While also scouting the area and discovering more of the advanced ancient technology there. They spot an Eggman base bunker and decided to split up to cover more ground. Reconvening back to the base when in need to repair and recover. Resources were scarce however, taking the two a couple of days to gather half the materials needed to upgrade. But Metal and Sage would also enter Cyber Space for Metal Sonic to test out his new abilities that Sage enhanced him with. Sage would guide Metal throughout the worlds they enter, helping him perform outstanding feats. As the two exit out the portal into the real-world Metal would be curious of something.