#1: Dreaming

(A/N: The cover design is from my collage double page spread in a sketchbook and the spider on the right is my OC who you'll meet in this book :D enjoy and HAPPY READING!!)

"So... this is the Spiderverse... and you've recruited a spiderperson from each one?" Miles asked inquisitively.
Miguel blinked with a controlled exhale as he answered, "If this is going to become one of your jealous feuds... Save it. I don't wanna hear it-"
"I don't give a crap about what you wanna hear... But no, it's not one of my-" Miles pauses to repeat his phrasing with air quotations.
Miguel's eye twitched as his arms crossed more and his muscles pop and creak as they cause friction from his absolute hatred towards this boy.
He took another heaving breath, still somehow not blowing a fuse, before asking, begrudgingly, "I'm gonna hate myself for this.. but.. What are you getting at?"
"Well.. I wanna know why that one is dingier than the rest... What happened there, which is the spider from there?" Miles asked, pointing out a very misshapen and, indeed, dingy looking web.

Miguel yanked him away by the arm and said, "We don't know. But all we have gathered about it are bad things. It's best not even mention it!"

Miles ripped his arm away from the buff spiderman and incredulously made an argument with said guy, "So... You mean to tell me that you the... ALl kNoWinG lEaDEr here doesn't actually know everything if this web is unexplored.. HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO BREAK A CANON MOMENT!?" He practically screamed with all his might.
"BECUASE I HAVE SEEN IT FACE-TO-FACE!" Miguel exclaimed as he was nose-to-nose with Miles, which I suppose was for dramatic effect.

Miles and Miguel keep up a staring contest when Gwen interrupts, "What would be so bad about going to see them anyway, Miguel... Who knows, we might recruit someone with really useful abilities!"
Miguel silenced her with a glance. She tsked as she looked down, unwillingly obedient.

That's when Hobie steps in. "Alright, no. We're gonna go in. Come on, you and I are both intrigued by what could be in there.. It's only right we look at every possibility. You said that, remember?" Hobie manipulated in a very nice, sly way.

Miguel frowned and snarled, "Fine." The group began to cheer, "BUT-" Miguel began his terms and condition...ings. "-You have to promise to do EXACTLY as I say when things get MESSY. And... they will... They will get messy. So, Parvati, Gwen, Hobie with me-"
"What about me??" Miles asked incredulously.
"No. Absolutely not. You stay here." Miguel ordered, planting a finger in a nonexistent table dramatically.
Miles flapped his arms around exasperatedly and tutted.

Miguel gets a portal open after getting into an astronaut helmet thing, instructing the others do the same as the only recordings of the atmosphere is unknown but radiation prone. So, in hazmat suits and astronaut helmets the group went off. Miles was put down but Hobie had a better idea. He had instructed Miles to go invisible ad get changed into the suit and helmet.

He reappeared when the portal opened and Miguel had just stepped through with panicked eyes when Hobie grabbed Mile's forearm, Parvati helping drag him in as well.

Flying through the portal they all argue but fall silent when Parvati - who had somehow floated to the front of the portal - pointed out, "Uhh... Guys, the portal is disintegraTING!!" He screamed the last part and saw the uncertainty dawn on Miguel's features.

"EVeryone HOLD ONTO eAchOTHER!" Miguel screamed and they nod, quickly grabbing onto one another.

They soar in an arrow position through the end reach of the portal and the colour had completely drilled away by the mouth of their destination. "We're here." Miguel muttered grotesquely.
The sudden pluck of them from their safe portal causes a shift in motion and each of them create a little wail reacting to the chaos happening to them.