#6: Love Conquers All

Meanwhile..

"So, Gweeen. You and Hobie aren't a thing, huh~" Miles straight up said.
"No, 'course not, what gave you that idea?" Gwen answered.
"You and him just seem really close is all. Plus, I don't know what happened while you guys were with Miguel and that..." Miles rolled his head on his shoulders.
"Well, no you'd be wrong if you thought that. Yeah, sure I crashed at his place a few times, but that doesn't mean we slept together or anything. Get your head out the gutter, Miles! Honestly!" Gwen laughs cutely as they continue strolling through the dark corridor and come to a room with stars on the ceiling, a blue painted cot and some racecar toys on the floor but a broken mirror with blood on it.

The two look at one another and Gwen says, "I think we should just... walk on. This looks really dodgy.."
"Agreed." Miles frowns and walks with Gwen through the door and down another dark corridor until they find a warmly lit room where a being with corrupted dark veins pulsing across his flesh wails in agony.

"Oh my GOD!" Gwen runs over to the guy and Miles follows after her.

They come to the man and see there are pipes of viscous yellowy-black liquid pumping in and out of the man. His third eye was what Miles found odd firstly, he then saw how the blackness of the top world was what was being fed throug his extra eye. Miles followed the pipes up to the surface and ceiling of the cavernous room.

The man whispered in an elderly voice, "Help me.. Pleassse-"

"Yes! Yes, OF COURSE we will! Come on, help me, here! Miles!" Gwen said, crouching in front of the hurt man and began furiously looking through each of the pipes, trying to find the way to undo them.

Miles stepped back with a twist of his neck, unsure and trepident to help the wasting man. He shook his head with disgust in his features. "No, Gwen, this could be a trap... Think about it, didn't Kanik say about an evil wizard guy who took advantage of their powers??"
"Well, yeah but.. Miles, this guy is in pain, we have to do something!" Gwen pleaded.
"Gwen, you're not listening! This guy, look at him, doesn't he look like a bad guy? He's generically evil looking and he's even got a third eye! Isn't that a bit magically.. sus to you!?"
"Yeah, it's a little bit weird but... We're Spider People, it's our duty to help people! And anyway how're we supposed to know? What do we do? Wait until Hobie and the others get here?" Gwen yelled exasperatedly. "We could be waiting ages! They could be lost for all we know!"

Miles studied her face for a moment before saying, "If you're really certain we should trust this guy who just HAPPENS to be TIED up in pain!... Gwen, are you SURE?" Miles asks her more clearly and less sarcastically.
"...What kind of question is that? Of course I'm sure we should help THIS man!" Gwen excalimed stubbornly.
Miles sighed. "Alright.. Then, I'll help you."

Miles set to work a little slower as he was reluctant than Gwen who worked speedily on the tubes and pulling them out of the man who wheezed a 'thank you, kind souls'. He hissed the Ss and this put Gwen off a little but she continued wilful as ever. Miles made a face of hesitance but  followed her by example.

Elsewhere......

Hobie and Pavitr headed down the last winding stretch of the dark, cavernous corridor when Kanik woke up, they clutched Pavitr's chest and said, "WHo touch my tiddy... My boob padding is skewiff-" 
"AHHHHH!" Pavitr threw Kanik up in the air accidentally from fright, where Hobie leapt up and caught them before they even knew they were flying in mid-air. He grabbed them and hugs them to him, spinning in a circle and nuzzling into them, saying, "'am so sorry you had to go through so much alone, Kanik Lune... I get it now... I do.. I'm so sorry..."