#3: Every Black Boi Needs a Lil Love~

"So... You magically got rid of the monster and it appeared back in its correct timeline ALL on its own without ANYTHING to do with the weird wax stains on the ceiling in the girl's bathroom on level 39 OR the footage we have of ARA, YOU AND PETER JUMPING INTO A PORTAL, Hobie. Is that TRUE?" Miguel asked demandingly.

"Yep." Hobie answered, popping the 'p', hands in his pockets, twirling about and boredly silent whistling.
"How can you just say.. 'YeP'?!" Miguel practically screamed.
"Well... Everything you said there was true. Or the connotations which come with the dictionary definition of 'true', if you're gonna use this label, you wanna know if you're using it right, ya get me, Miguel?" Hobie answered in a 'matter of fact' tone.

A silence fell as Miguel silently went insane over his lax reaction.

"Layla... Call Ara up here." Miguel said, pinching his brow out of frustration.
<Done aaand done. You want Peter, too?>
"No..." He inhales grumpily, "No. I'll deal with him later." Miguel growled, turning away as he waited for Ara. 

He hears Hobie scuffing his boot on the floor boredly. "You. STOp that and wait for Ara's arrival-"

Hobie said, "You know I ain't good with orders." 

Just then, the doors open and reveal Ara in a frilly pink dress.

"Wha--T are you.. WeArInG?!" Miguel asked in utter confusion. 
"Aheeyyy! Jonesyyyy! How's it hangin', my G?" Hobie jumped up from his slouched position, heading towards the character welcoming them into the room with open arms - literally.
"'Jonesy'???" Miguel repeated confusedly.

Hobie engulfs Ara in one of his legendary hugs and laughs with them as they ask, "You're probably wondering about the outfit.. Well, MayDay wanted a princess partner. So, I offered ma'self up.."
"I bet everyone was confused by your sudden secret identity being revealed, ahaha!" Hobie laughed.
  "Yeah man, you have NO idea! Hahaha!" Ara laughs with him.

Miguel tapped his foot impatiently. 

He snorts through his nostrils then to himself, says, "Okay.. That's it." In a louder voice, snide and sarcastically, he sneers, "Pardon, I didn't mean to INTERRUPT YOUR CONVERSATION BUT I ASKED YOU HERE FOR A REASON-"
  "Naw, no worries, man. We can catch up later-" Ara responded calmly.
Miguel's veins were about to burst from rage.
Hobie smirked the way he does.
Ara eyed him slightly.
"Get yo mind out the gutter~" Hobie teased them. "I know I'm fly but chill it, we're bein' watched." He joked again, actually quite oblivious he was spot on.
  "I don't care. If you're down to kiss, I'm down to kiss.. cuddle, fuck, whatever you want, sweet smile-" Ara replied weirdly without emotion or the true attraction that was held in that statement.
Hobie gave them a side glance and saw the seriousness in their features a sudden, 'oh' moment and then, "You're into Miguel though too, right? And Pav?"
  "I'm into everyone. I'm pan..." Ara admitted.
"Dang.." Hobie suddenly felt a similar attraction too.

Both stood defeated by their feelings while Miguel ranted about them being chaotic ass bitches for acting so recklessly without any permission being given, not that it would have been.

Hobie and Ara share a look and just blink once, simultaneously and completely having tuned Miguel out.

"You wanna go dismantle stuff and grab some snacks?" Hobie asked with an oddly innocent pout.
  "Yeah." Ara answered.

No smiles and no real response between either of them. They both seemed like they just broke from realisation over eachother's true feelings. Like, honestly, there would be passion later, this wasn't some romance where they had to suddenly snog on the spot. 
It was clear they both just clicked. And neither actually knew what to do.. But it just felt so right even though it was probably the most awkward moment of their lives.