PROLOGUE

The empire has flourished again, its voice resounding, peace and harmony truly resting on the face of our worlds.

The economy in Rube and Indigo has grown like never before—well, in reality, just Indigo. Rune's economy merely returned to its balance. Recently, the last Opal's investors came home since Indigo no longer needs their help. The crystals are still a source of money, but their power has diminished because of the diamonds. As Rune became a neutral world again, making Indigo neutral as well, both empires grew rich in wealth and power.

Crystals were left behind since diamonds are harder to obtain. People no longer care about gold or crystals; they only want diamonds and gems. Merchants constantly move in and out of Black Stone and Indigo at the same speed, and folks from other worlds come to buy from us and work for us.

I was chosen in the diamond era of Black Stone, just before the downfall of the Indigo empire, even before the first prince of the Arkin III empire was born. I never saw anything like this, and never thought the empire could get better than it was before. I guess the elimination of unknown knowledge has also helped us clear our minds. The plague was like a punishment; we couldn't do much with it.

The prince, hidden from the anger of the people, had his title stolen away for a long time. When he got it back, everyone thought he would lead us down a path of failure—selfish and cold-hearted, a mix of two enemy empires. How could he reach mercy? In everyone's words, the bastard prince would never reach the mercy of the empire, never be chosen. But little did we know, and we talked more than we saw. He was chosen and not only chosen—he won the crown and the empire.

We all though, including myself, that he was gonna be our ruin and I cannot forgive myself for doubting the late the emperor himself. When he united with his mate who was not only part of the army of Indigo, a deadly enemy in the courts of the empire, but also the daughter of late members of the court of Millar, which is not so different from the court of Trista, I thought the emperor had made a mistake, but after getting more and more involved into their business, I realized that the court and council are so merciful. My doubts could have led me to my execution. The emperors catch everyone's soul, not only by their exquisite beauty and wisdom, but their kindness, their thirst of freedom and equally for everyone, they fought themselves in the war and led us in every single thing towards victory. Everyone even me was speechless. They are the most fearless emperors. They won our respect, our admiration and they lollaly keep working in the favor of both empires, of their people.

"Long live, wisdom and peace be upon the heads of the empire." I say bowing to them as they enter in the court room.