(1) Honey Milk

I wandered alone in the empty kitchen of campus while everyone was off to some senior last night party aqua last day party. It was pretty much what everyone had been talking about.

I wondered who else didn't go.

"Hey you!" A familiar masculine voice made me jump off my seat. I knew it was him straight away, but why was he here?

"Jesus, Jake!" I cried with a wobbly voice. Placing my hand on my heart.

"Sorry did I scare you?"

"Don't do that again" I warn.
My stomach grumbles. Ian chuckles.

I rolled my eyes at him and got up where the fridge stood to get rid of the hungry feeling inside of me.

I open it and took out two Arizona drinks, and the ingredients to make a sandwich.

"Sorry. So why aren't you at the party?"

"Why aren't you?" I asked, sliding an Arizona on the table to him. He catches it smoothly.

It was bizarre that Jake didn't attend a party. He goes to every one on every chance he gets. I on the other hand wasn't much of a surprise, I got of sick of parties a long time ago.

"Lauren and I had a fight. I didn't think I should go. I mean, you know how she is. We needed some sort of space" He pops his drink open, and takes a sip.

Lauren was reasonable enough. She is such a bitch.

I turned my mouth in a shape of 'o' indicating, I understood.
"I see" I nod in agreement.

"Yeah, how about you? I mean everyone literally is there"

"I don't have time for it" Was my lame excuse. "Besides, I'm sick of them" But that was true. Too much partying in my life, I don't need any more distractions.

Sure, it was an end of the year party but life doesn't revolve around it so why bother? Most people who attends it are stuck up bitches and conceited pricks anyways. How fun would that be?

"How can you be sick of partying?"

I shrug in response. I guess I wasn't normal?

"But isn't this nice?" I changed the subject, handing him a sandwich on a plate as I take a seat, getting comfortable. "Two good friends, spending their time alone together like old times." I bite on the sandwich.

Wow I make a good sandwich.

"Yeah. I miss you being my neighbor. I miss it when Leo and I would prank you endlessly" He chuckles, bringing back memories. "And I miss Mrs. Peterson's cookies"

"Oh please don't even get me started on my mothers cookies. She used to force me to eat it because I was 'too skinny' for the family." I use my hand freely to quote in the air.

I frown remembering my past, Jake face seemed to reflect it as well.

"Oh..I'm so sorry. I- I didn't mean to bring it up. I miss her too, you know? She was like a mother to me"

The tragedy that will never be forgotten.

"I know Jake. She was an amazing person with the biggest heart I've ever known. To think it was just 5 months ago, it feels like it was only yesterday that I was seating on the bed beside her while she says her last goodbye. She knew she couldn't fight it anymore"

I know, I promised myself and everyone that I would try not to think about it. That I'll try to get used to the fact that she will 'rest in peace' but I couldn't help but shred a tear. It wasn't that easy no matter how hard I tried.

"Please don't cry" Jake leans closer to me. He gently places his hands on my face and wipes a tear away with his fingers like I was a fragile baby. "Don't ruin your makeup"

I chuckle. He knew I didn't like ruining my make up. For any boys especially. I've been through a lot of those.

"She had a good fight" I smile. "I'm so proud of her"

"And she's so proud of you" He pulls me into a tight hug.
"-now stop all this depression nonsense and eat your sandwich. I'll make you a honey milk" He pulls me back to look into my dull brown eyes.

"Okay" I sniff, controlling my emotions. "You know me so well" My smile widens.

Honey milk helped me sleep. It was our thing. We would always sneak out to the kitchen just to make some.

"Of course I do. We're best friends, remember?"

"Since our childhood" I remind him. Though since the last semester we both had been a little too busy to spend time together. I almost think this was the closest moment we've had in months.

He proceed to making our honey milk while I took bites of my sandwich.

"Did Alex go to the party?" Ian asked as he puts the finished milk into the microwave.

"No she's packing. I swear she is crazy. I would've packed too but well you know how she is. I had to get out of there"

Ian chuckles. The microwave beeps as he takes the milks out and hands me one. "Thanks" he nods an 'you're welcome'.
"So have you finished packing?"

He snorts. Who was I kidding? He does everything last minute. "Why did I ask" I rolled my eyes.

He shrugs.

We stayed in silence for the last few minutes. It was nice. Though, we both had to go back to our own time.

"Well. Thank you Jake for this. I better go pack before Alex flips out. You better pack too mister! I'm giving you a ride so you better be ready before I am because otherwise I'll leave you stranded"

"Yes mam" He obediently nods.
"Good thing we're neighbors"

"Yeah. Later Jake"
****

I carried my last luggage out. Jake came to view. He was shoving most of his junkies into my trunk. Good thing it was big because I think he took most of the spaces.

Jake's gaze flickered up to me after finishing his last bag.

"I still don't get why you sold your car to your professor out of all people. Now I'm stuck with you" I walk toward the trunk and put the bag that was on my hand in it.

He shrugs. "It was old, and he was old. Perfect combination"

"Right" I shook my head. If I knew him well enough, he probably sold it at a good price to bribe his 'professor' or something.

He helped me put most of my stuff away as I watch him do it.

"Ready to go" Jake shuts the trunk closed. "I can't believe we made it alive. We're finally adults as sad as that sounds" He walked to the passengers seat as I walk to the drivers.

"Finally adults" I repeat. Trying to get used to the sound of it.

I was ready to leave and start my new life. See my family again. Who knows maybe I might even make a family of my own and maybe settle down. What ever the lord planned out for me, I was ready.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I KNOW IT'S STILL A BIT BORING...I WAS HAVING TROUBLE BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND KEEP UP WITH ME :P

THERE'S MORE TO COME SOOO STAY TUNED ;)