4

Hyunjin's POV

Hyunjin's POV

He gasped and asked, "What? Just one?" Is it wrong of me to feel relieved knowing that Eros seemed to be as confused as I was?

I nodded, "Yes... Just one soul. Isn't that weird?" I muttered taking my jacket off while my eyes were still trained on Chan's (AKA Eros) reaction...

His eyes twisted in confusion, his eyebrows knitted together, "It is really weird. Why just one?" he asked, and I couldn't help but shrug my shoulders... I had no explanations for it.

"Have your dad done this before?" Chan asked, "I mean... Has he sent you to find only one soul?"

I again shook my head, let out a long breath, and said, "He has not... The lists he demands of me have always been ranging between fifty souls up to a hundred in a week. Having all this time to collect the soul of one man... I don't know... it smells fishy..." I paused for a moment before I added, "You know what the weirdest thing is other than that?"

He hummed, "What's that?"

"The fact that he kept on mumbling some nonsense about a prophecy. When I asked for him to elaborate more in regards of it, he blew me off and decided to not tell me what it all was about," I looked at him and wrecked my head on how to ask for his help... was he even able to help me find out about it? "Um- hyung?"

"Yes... I think he is hiding something from you," he muttered thinking that I was about to ask him that...

"No... is not that... I was wondering if you could help me figure this so-called prophecy out. If you can, of course. I would never make you do something you wouldn't like. The thing is that I think this prophecy has something to do with the soul he sent me to collect. And said soul capture has Hades on edge and nervous. I mean... can you even believe that he didn't give me a hard time when I asked to stay in the human realm for the entire month, I have to hunt this guy down? He knows very well that I can just walk to wherever he is and snatch him in less than an hour,"

As soon as I finished talking, I watched Chan's face go blank. His lips were tightly pressed into a thin line... he was thinking and then suddenly he asked, "What do you know about this human soul?"

"I know nothing about him really. I just know that I must bring him to my father. Hades didn't give me any specifics. He just said that he had been looking for him for a while and that he had just been able to locate him," I paused with a gentle gasp, "He gave me a folder with the human's file, but I couldn't wait to get out of there. And then- well, I just arrived here... So, I have not been able to open it," I then slipped the backpack off of my shoulder and opened it, pulling the file out and waved it in front of his face... even though it felt more on the lighter side as if it only contained one piece of paper.