6

A/N

A little update... I will try my best to get one or maybe two chapter edited before Tuesday! <3

.

.

.

Hades had requested Hyunjin to leave the Aphrodite mansion and go to his rightful place—with the human—hours ago

Hades had requested Hyunjin to leave the Aphrodite mansion and go to his rightful place—with the human—hours ago. He has been ready to go visit him for a while but has been searching for reasons to put it off.

The first excuse he pulled off was to disappear the bag in which he brought all his clothes. What he didn't expect was for Chan to figure him out so quickly.

With a flip of his wrist, Eros—well, being Eros—pulled an unidentified quirk out of his sleeve, and the bag Hyunjin had been trying to hide a few minutes earlier materialized before his eyes.

"Is this what you are looking for?" Chan giggled, causing Hyunjin to let out a deep sigh and lower his gaze to the floor with a small pout.

Chan raised an eyebrow and moved closer to the death god before saying, "What's going on, Jinnie?" Why are you attempting to bail on the human? I thought you wanted to know everything about him."

Hyunjin was left dumbfounded. He had no idea Eros had that skill. "Um, it's nothing? I am not bailing on him," Hyunjin paused for a moment, trying to find a better answer for the elder's question.

"Sure—" Chan chuckled darkly again. "So, are you stalling then?"

How was Hyunjin supposed to explain to the other god— the one god that expects nothing but good things from him— that he was terrified to see the human? He is a deity, for god's sake; he should not be afraid of a human. How was Eros going to take it?

He also had no expectations set for his first interaction with the human. He was a complete stranger to him. What if he's mean?

Shaking the thought all the way back to the darkest corner of his mind, Hyunjin turned to look at Eros and hesitantly smiled, "Um— I guess this is the part where I am supposed to say... Don't wait up for me. I will be back when the human falls asleep." Hyunjin paused for a while before humming and pushing his body to take a long stride toward the front door of the house.

"Are you sure you want to go alone, mate?" Chan enquired, trailing him like a shadow, "I mean. If it's okay with you, I can accompany you. It doesn't bother me."

Hyunjin gave a headshake. "No, there is no need for you to join me; that is fine. I will be back as soon as he nods off," he declared, and as soon as he passed the front door, he unfurled his wings and strode across the gravel, gathering speed before soaring into the dusk sky.

With his job of helping people fall in and out of love happening around the clock, seven days a week, how could Hyunjin ask Eros to go with him? He couldn't be like, Yeah, dude! We should go look for a guy who isn't even brave enough to steal something better than a package of Hershey kisses.

Who steals chocolate?

"No one," people would think. But indeed, there is a single individual on the whole damn globe.