chapter twenty eight

"You promised you would leave her out of this." Marrek yelled, angry to have been betrayed as he had risk everything for this deal. The healer tried to shake his hands free from the chains but over the years, Sky People had perfected their restraints, they were way stronger than fifteen years ago when Marrek was first tied up in this cell.

"Well, I just couldn't resist." Quaritch chuckled. When Marrek first met the man's avatar, it felt odd seeing him looking alike his people. It made his whole body shiver with fright as he realized that now that he had the same strength and height as the Na'vi, nothing will stop him from annihilating them.

"I swear to Eywa if you hurt my daughter I will-"
"You'll what? Tell me what can you do Marrek when you're chained to a wall?" He smirked.
Marrek angrily hissed at the man.
"I'll kill you."
Quaritch chuckled as if what the healer had just said was the most funny and ridiculous thing in the world.
"Evelyn said the same thing. You two are really a match made in heaven."
The sound of his mate's name made him suddenly calm himself down, concern rather than anger plastered his face.
"Where is she?"
"In her own little cage."
Both Marrek's and Quaritch's ears perked as they heard distant shouts coming from outside the boat. Quaritch grinned as if he was enjoying a concert rather than war chants from the Metkayina people. "Sully is right on cue." He smirked before locking Marrek's cage door behind him and jogging upstairs to the front of the boat, admiring the view of several reef people coming his way.

"Dad!" Tuk yelled while Kyalayi tried to wiggle her hands free. They were all tied to the boat, guns pointed at their heads which made every member of the clan hissed at the violent picture.

"Sons, you know what to do." Jake pressed on the button around his neck, talking to Neteyam and Lo'ak who awaited for their father's signal before rescuing their family. But Lo'ak got ahead of himself, not following orders as he recklessly jumped from his Ilu to the boat. Neteyam grunted underwater at the sight of Quaritch trapping his baby brother in the same position as the others. Why did he always do that? He thought. "Lo'ak." Jake called for him in their communication device only to see that Quaritch tore the leather band from the boy's neck, putting the bud in his ear and bringing the microphone closer to his mouth.

"I only want you, Sully." The Avatar said. "Come forward and I'll let them go."

Jake glanced up to Neytiri, crossbow armed and ready to shot if anything happened. The man nodded to his mate, wanting to reassure her before dropping the gun on his laps and raising his hands in the air, slowly moving toward the boat. Jake was surrendering himself for the good of his family and the Metkayina clan, no one needed to get hurt. But suddenly, as if the reef had heard the people's war chants, its beasts and creatures all submerged from the water, going straight to attack the Sky People's boat. And only then, did the ultimate and final war started. Guns were being fired, bows were being shot and spears were being thrown. Everyone attacked everyone and it quickly made Kyalayi dizzy, trying her best to avoid being hurt while consoling the youngest Sully.

"Neteyam!" Tuk excitedly shouted as they all spotted the eldest Sully fly out of the water, dropping the reins of the Ilu before jumping on the ship. One by one, the boy cut their restraints loose, making sure that no one was wounded before ordering them to jump into the water far away from the war.

"Happy to see me?" Neteyam smirked to Kyalayi while cutting the cord that tied her wrists to the boat.
"Always."
"Let's go." He said grabbing her hand and moving them toward the edge but the girl stopped. Neteyam frowned.
"They have my parents." She shouted, catching both brother's attention.
"They betrayed us!" Lo'ak exclaimed, angry that the girl would still worry about their safety when they had been the ones to first put her in danger.
"I don't care. They're still my parents. Go, I'll join you guys after."
"I'm not leaving you." Neteyam said.
"Me neither." Lo'ak added before grabbing a dead guard's gun.
"Thank you." Kyalayi said to the two of them before they all crouched around the ship, discreetly wandering to look for Evelyn and Marrek without getting caught by humans or Avatars. Neteyam held his knife high, his whole body guarded and alert as Lo'ak had the gun charged and ready to shot any enemy coming their way. But too quickly, they were caught by some guards and a fight blew up between the different species. Even without a weapon, Kyalayi had a height and a strength advantage against the humans, she was faster and stronger so it was only a matter of time before they succeeded to knock them all out. For a few seconds, Kyalayi dropped her head, noticing the red blood staining her teal skin, her hands shaking with adrenaline.
"It's okay." Neteyam wrapped his hands around hers, wiping the blood off them before lifting her chin with his fingers. "You're okay." He reassured her. She nodded, taking a big breath of courage. The teenagers took this short moment of calm to come up with a plan.
"Do you know where they are?" Lo'ak asked Kya.
"Quaritch often went into the basement. They must keep them down there."