The Return of Typhon (and Aria)

"Thank you for coming to the Mediterranean Tea!" Mom announced to the leaving customers. "We'll be open after Titan Smitin' Day."

"Ma'am, this is the best, and only, tea shop in the whole city-state." a rich-looking blonde woman complimented as she started to leave the shop.

"Why thank you." Mom kindly smiled at the woman. "My daughter and I worked hard on making this shop perfect for all of our customers."

"Well, my compliments to you and your daughter." the woman smiled.

"Thank you." Mom said as the woman left the store.

Well, it's officially been almost four months since Mom and I decided to stay in Ancient Greece, and since then, a lot of changes have happened. Mom opened up another tea shop, and it's become the biggest trend in Athens thus far. Heck, on opening day, we had a line that reached the store door to nearly two miles down the street; becoming an Ancient Greek version of Starbucks, only without the Pumpkin Spice Lattes or any of that other fancy crap. I'm honestly really happy that Mom's business practically boomed overnight. If anyone deserves this kind of appreciation for what she does best, it's my mom.

As for me, well, I've been doing better myself. I've had four months to help heal over the lies I had to tell and the guilt I had while working for Hades, and I'm proud to say that I feel a thousand times better than when I did a while ago. Sure, the guilt likes to pop up every now and again, but I've learned to forgive myself for what I did. Mom says that's the best way to start healing, after all. And in another week, I'll be ready to face my friends again in school. Only this time, I won't be working for Hades. All that's behind me now.

Once all the customers left, Mom locked the door and flipped the 'Open' sign to 'Close'. "Alright, shop's closed. Aria, did you-"

"I washed down all the tables, dust mopped the floor, and threw out the uneaten baklava and cinnamon pita." I listed all the closing chores I normally do before she could tell me.

"You're on a roll." Mom smirked as she ruffled my hair.

"Well, we've been working hard all day, and you deserve to rest from standing up and brewing tea all day." I told her as I finished putting the chairs on the tables.

"Thanks, sweetie." she smiled as she yawned. "And with that, I'm heading to bed early tonight."

""I'm about to take out the trash before heading up, is that okay?" I asked her.

"So long as you don't make any loud noises." Mom told me.

"Got it." I gave her a thumbs-up. "Night, Mom."

"Goodnight, sweetie." Mom told me as she started to make her way upstairs.

I sighed a breath of relief after working so hard that day. I went over to take out the trash can to the garbage bin we had out in the back of the store. When I went back out there, I heard something rattling in a crate next to the garbage bin. I quickly dumped out the trash, and when I set down the trash can, I went to inspect the crate. I was expecting a stray cat or a rat that got a paw stuck in the wooden sections, but the moment I lifted up the crate, I was tackled by a flash of magenta and teal.

"What are you guys doing here?" I laughed as I hugged the imps back.

"Came for a visit." Pain said as he looked up at me.

"It's been so boring in the Underworld since you left!" Panic added dramatically.

"You said that two days ago when you last visited." I told him when we broke off the hug.

"The point still stands." Panic defended himself.

"You bunch of dorks." I giggled as I pulled out a small bag from my pocket, revealing two pieces of baklava. "Here, these were supposed to be my breakfast for tomorrow, but might as well give them to you two."