The Spartan Experience

Hercules' POV

"To me, that cloud up there looks like a hydra being slain by a brave hero." I said as I pointed up at a cloud.

"Interesting." Icarus said as he pointed up to another cloud. "That one over there looks like a field of wildflowers in which me and my sweet Cassie of the valley are having a romantic picnic together."

Cassandra groaned in disgust. "Ugh, and I'm supposed to be the one who sees grim visions."

It was a casual Thursday afternoon. After classes, Icarus, Cassandra, and I decided to take things a little easy and went to watch the clouds pass by. Usually, Aria joins in on our cloud watching and even provides her own interesting insights when she watches the clouds, but she wasn't here with us today. About a week ago, she went to the Amazon's island with our classmate Tempest for some sort of retreat. Aria didn't really say what it was all about, but I hope she's doing okay.

"I kinda wish Aria was here," Icarus stated what I was thinking. "I like hearing what all she sees when we watch the clouds."

"How long is her retreat again?" I asked.

"I think she comes back on Sunday." Cassandra answered.

"Hercules!"

I sat up the moment I heard Helen's voice, and when I turned around, I saw her running towards me. Whatever she wanted, she sounded like she was in trouble.

"Helen, what's the matter?" I asked her.

"It's Adonis." Helen told me. "I'm worried about him."

"Welcome to the human race." Cassandra scoffed.

"Did he pull down your chiton in gym class, too?" Icarus asked Helen as he stood up.

"Oh, no, silly." Helen shook her head. "He's been out of school for a week."

"Is he sick?" I asked.

"No, no. His servants endure all his diseases." Helen said before she started to worry. "I'm afraid something is really wrong."

"Hey, you folks know where I can find a, uh," a delivery guy asked as he held a giant crate and walked up to us. "Heracles?"

Well, that was the first time anyone mispronounced my name.

"Uh, I'm Hercules." I casually corrected him.

"Oh, yeah. My mistake." the delivery guy said as he handed me a clipboard and a pencil. "Sign here."

I signed off for the crate and the delivery guy was off. I looked at the crate for about a solid minute while I got a little confused. I don't remember ordering anything, or Phil ordering anything for me for my hero training. Whoever sent this crate obviously knew who I was, but why would they send me something? I wasn't going to get many answers by looking at the crate, so I decided to open it up. When I did, a Thracian soldier stood up from the crate and held up a note. Who was this guy and how long was he in there?

"That's one of Adonis' servants." Helen explained.

"'To my bosom buddy Hercules,'" the guard read off the note from Adonis. "'Just a not to remind you how much I value your friendship.'"

"Oh, isn't that sweet?" Helen sighed dreamily.

I, however, knew something else was up. "What does he want this time?"

"'You're probably wondering what I want this time. It's like this,'" the guard kept reading the note. "'Help! You must rush to my aid!'"

"Don't listen." Cassandra warned.

"'Oh, but brave Hercules, you must listen.'" the guard continued. "'I've been captured by the Spartan Officer Training Corp.'"