The Romans

"And finally," Hercules concluded his presentation. "My model city would include a pantheon of heroes."

But right as Hercules touched on of his model temples, the whole thing tumbled down like a bunch of dominoes. Both ruining the presentation of his model city project and disappointing our history teacher, Mr. Herodotus. Although, between you readers and me, I really think everything pretty much disappoints Herodotus. Heck, Herc's project wasn't the only one he didn't like.

"Perfect." Herodotus gave his usual disapproving look. "Another city destroyed by Mr. Hercules."

"I thought it looked pretty good." I told Hercules with a smile as he sat down next to me.

"Thank you, Aria." Herc said when he sat down next to me.

"Well, flunkards, so far, I'm very disappointed in your pitiful excuses for model cities." Herodotus began to talk about our projects. "Mr. Adonis and his so-called 'Adonisville'."

"What?" Adonis asked as he looked at his project. "Not enough statues of me?"

"Miss Cassandra with her ridiculous city of the future, Miss Helen with her cliché city under the sea," Herodotus listed. "Miss Aria with her silly city of gemstones."

"It's efficient with resources, free of controversial politics, provides free welfare" I listed why I thought my model city was good before moving the box around in the sunlight, making the little crystals reflect in the light. "And it sparkles!"

"And that brings us to Mr. Icarus." Herodotus then turned to the only student who hadn't yet presented. "I trust you won't disappoint me."

"Well, trust away, Mr. Herodotus." Icarus said as he carried his covered project to the podium. "Ok. Uh, the time has come to unveil my model city. Prepared to be amazed because it's really, really, really good."

Just then, a loud gong went off. Signaling the end of class and the end of the school day.

"Oh! Darn it! Now I won't get to show off my magnificent handiwork." Icarus gripped before grabbing his project and started to leave. "Well, see ya!"

Herodotus stopped him. "Mr. Icarus, I expect to be amazed by your project first thing Monday morning."

Icarus gave a nervous smile. "Yeah, well, it'll be amazing, all right."

Mr. Herodotus gave a nod and then left the class amphitheater. Icarus, on the other hand gave a relieved look. I knew what was up with him by know. Icarus hadn't come up with a good idea for his model city project, and after seeing our teacher hating everyone else's models, Icarus was scared that what he would come up with wouldn't be any good. But, on the plus side, he had plenty of time to make one.

"Hey, Icarus, can't wait to see your model." I told him as I started to head on out myself. "Now that you got a few more days to work on it, you've got time to make it amazing."

"I know." he said. "Got any good recommendations for research?"

"Hit up the Alexandria library in Egypt." I suggested. "They got everything there!"

"Thanks!" Icarus smiled before telling me one other thing. "Oh, by the way, Aria. Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, buddy!" I smiled before waving goodbye. "See ya Monday!"

Yep. It was my birthday again. My sweet seventeen, as I like to put it. And the moment I got out of the class amphitheater, I made a beeline right for my locker. To celebrate my birthday, Mom decided to take me with her on a business trip for the weekend. The destination of said business trip? Well, why don't you readers read a little bit more to find out? I don't want to spoil everything. I finally reached my locker and opened it up to grab everything I needed from it, right as Helen and Pandora were walking by.