The Minotaur

The day had finally arrived. The first day back to school at Prometheus Academy, but it wasn't just any new start of a school year. It was both the start of me being clean and away from working for Hades and the start of my senior year. Yeah, I know, I'm sixteen so I should technically be a junior, but last year when I enrolled, Hades accidentally wrote down that I was a junior instead of a sophomore. But, hey, at least now I'd get another school year with my friends, and hopefully mend those broken bridges from what happened last semester.

Anyway, I won't bore you all with those details anymore for this part of my story. Let's get to the part you've all been waiting for.

The day started off pretty normal. I had just gotten myself dressed and ready for school and Mom was getting the store ready to be opened for the day. While I was at one of the shop's tables making sure I had everything I needed, Mom went to get the morning mail. But the moment she opened the door, a blue blur flew right into the store.

"Oh, my goodness!" Mom gasped.

I whipped my head around, and the blur flew up right next to me, showing a familiar figure holding Mom's copy of the Greekly World Newsscroll.

"Hermes?" I questioned. "What are you doing here?"

"Just thought I'd drop by and tell ya the latest news:" Hermes said as he opened up the newsscroll. "Today's top story, the fabulous Prometheus Academy welcomes back the oh-so-happening Ariadne."

"It does not say that." I scoffed.

"Well, it didn't make the valley edition." he said as he put the scroll down on the table. "But at Prometheus Academy, all your classmates are, heh, hyped, babe."

"Oh, c'mon, you're just saying that to be nice." I said.

"I'm serious. Herc couldn't stop talking about you being back in town." Hermes told me. "He's got all your school friends totally jazzed to see you again."

"Well, we appreciate you dropping by." Mom smiled at him as she went to the kitchen. "Aria, hon, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Two eggs and some toast, please." I requested.

Hermes then got up and flew towards the kitchen himself. "Here, allow me."

"That's very kind of you, but you don't have to do all that." Mom told him.

"It's no problem, really. I insist." he said as he started getting things ready to make breakfast for both me and Mom.

"Well, thank you. Thank you very much." Mom smiled at him.

Hermes gave a nod and went right to work. Meanwhile, I sat there in amazement as I watched him cook. I've read countless of mythology books about how Hermes was known for many talents aside from delivering messages, such as swiftness, luck, trade, travel, communication, and even thievery. But ever since I started living in this world and got to know him better, he never ceases to amaze me with any other surprise abilities he had. I still don't think I was really crushing, because I'm not; it was more like I was starting to appreciating Hermes as a person more.

In the midst of my gawking, I noticed Mom was giving me a strange look. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just thinking." Mom smirked at me.

I blinked for a moment but considering that she saw me smile at him just a minute ago, I could tell what she was thinking. "You don't mean-"

"Well, he's charming, funny, nice, knows his way around a kitchen," Mom listed all the good qualities Hermes had. "And he makes you smile."

"Be serious, Mom. He's a god and I'm..." I gave a defeated sigh. "I'm no one."

"You're someone to him." she said.