One More Time

The Aes Sedai traveled together, of course. But it slowed your progress. It took time to collapse the camp so they could move and they had to stop early enough that they weren't too exhausted to put up the tents and everything else before sunset. The Sedai stayed up late, though, as every full Sister convened in the rainbow meeting tent every night for a formal meeting. You suspected it was more drinking than boring work. But, then, why not let the Warders in? They all stood guard outside. 

Regardless, each night, Moiraine returned to the blue tent and Lan was in the perimeter rotation. He slept with his Yellow sister most often. Moiraine stopped showing your capabilities or instructing you at all since rejoining her sisters. You knew she had more responsibilities and stressors now, but you couldn't help but worry you'd done something wrong. 

You'd taken to wandering the woods around the camp. Slipping away was easy. That's how you knew Moiraine hadn't told anyone you were one of their prophesies; no one was watching you. She spent quite some time with the Yellow as well, occasionally colluding with a pretty Green. You stood by your awareness that nature seemed so much purer in this land. Perhaps it was your new connection with nature, intrinsically related to the Earth, whichever one it was. In any event, traversing the woods felt much headier than in the Loop or the OtherWorld. You felt the trees when you passed them, thriving under the sun. Holding onto its water because it knows things happened, that it might need it. Wildlife paid you no mind as you walked, as if you were as much a part of the forest as they were. You felt running water a while away and the ripples and overlapping and merging soothed you so you just kept going. 

"It's not safe so far from camp," a knowing voice called. 

Frowning, you turned to find who enchanted the outside of the camp. Only she would know you left. "Every where in the world is equally safe; it's the company that matters."

"Moiraine truly did find a second her. At least you speak," Liandrin sassed, approaching you. 

"Is this where you drag me back?"

"No," the blonde answered, continuing to walk past you. "Like you said, it's the company."

You walked with her. "I did." You stayed by her, suspicious. 

Liandrin looked at you a few times before bursting into laughter. "Perhaps I just needed to stretch my legs!" 

You narrowed your eyes in more obvious suspicion. "And yet you answered the question before it was asked."

"Like I said, you're a lot like Moiraine and I know her."

"But you don't like her," you concluded all by yourself. 

That soured Liandrin's structured features. "She made all the wrong choices and still ended up on top." She began rambling with no more encouragement. "Did you know she was one of the fastest novices to progress to Accepted into the Tower?" You shook your head, somehow earning a worse sneer. "And she had a pillow friend, such a frail crutch. She flew through the first trial, reaching Accepted first. You know it wouldn't surprise me if she cheated herself into or through the trial. And to choose Blue of all the shawls. She's secretive and untrustworthy now. Not that she was ever not. Blue was the right Ajah for her, but I know she could have changed." As the Red continued to rant on all the reasons she hated Moiraine, it became more clear to you how much she loved the Blue. 

After that info-dump, you weren't sure what to say so you just changed the subject. "So, when are you expected back at the Tower?"

The Red sent you a mildly amused, knowing smile. "Oh, we won't stop at the Tower, but any who wish to go to Tar Valon may, provided the Tower sends a replacement. Enough about my Sisters. Tell me of where you come from."