6.

Oscar's POV

When Briar left, I took about 15 minutes to myself. I thought back to our times in F2 . She was right, she was the best person for this. I never remember her ever being late, she never had a single issue with any of her hotels and she always knew exactly what to say in an interview. I really hope she can sort my shit show out because for the first time ever she was right about something. 

After meeting with my personal trainer and doing my workouts for the day, I thought now would be as good a time as any to message Briar and ask her what to do. I don't know why, but I felt like she would actually try and help me. She was always like that. Until that last race she would always try and help others.

Hey Briar, just finished training. You free for a coffee if you're still at the track?

I'm actually at the hotel packing. If you need help, you can meet me here

I take it back, she did like to help others but she did like  to make people's lives more difficult than they had to be. I assumed that Briar was staying at the McLaren hotel so I headed there. As I headed up the stairs, I saw a blonde girl struggling to open the door with her suitcase because she had a coffee in the other hand and no way to pull the thing through the door. Looking at her face, she was cute, I had seen her before but wasn't quite sure where. I took a jog up the stairs and pulled the door for her. She almost tumbled out, instead barging into me, spilling some of her drink down my shirt. 

"Shit, I'm sorry, that's not going to come out." She said patting down my chest in a hope to try and remove some of the liquid.

"Don't worry about it, I'll change it don't stress."

"I really am sorry, is there anything I could do?"

"You could give me your number?" I said, and with that Briar exited the door and stood in front of me in this girl, a very unhappy look on her face.

"Piastri. A word." She grumbled through gritted teeth. She walked me back in towards the hotel lobby and cornered me where no one would be able to hear me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" 

What the fuck had I done this time? Asking for a girl's number is definitely not criminal and I'm definitely still single.

"Your silence speaks volumes Oscar so let me rephrase. What the fuck are you doing asking my best friend for her number? You know Robert would kill you and I'd help him. We were only meeting for coffee, that wasn't an introduction to start flirting with V." She whisper shouted so only I could hear, frustration clear in her voice.

Shit. That's where I knew her from. She was Robert's cousin, Briar's friend. She used to come to some of the F2 races.

"Valeria has her flight now so I'm going to say goodbye. Can I trust you to wait here or are you incapable of that as well?"

I shook my head and she departed to say her goodbyes to her friend. My only guess was that she had a later flight or she was flying out with the rest of the team to the next race. When Briar retuned I asked her the question

"How come you're not flying home with Valeria?"

"Because I have a job to do idiot. Speaking of which our plane is booked for later this evening so get packing, I'll meet you here at 6."

________________________________________________________________________________

I did exactly what Briar said, I met her at 6 in the hotel lobby. Of course she was already standing there, brown hair falling just below her shoulders and dressed less casually than she normally would, probably for the flight. She was wearing a pair of grey jogging bottoms and a black McLaren hoodie and her glasses were sitting on the bridge of her nose.