16.

A/N- Sexual Violence

If this might be triggering to you, please skip past this chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

Briar's POV

The rest of the afternoon was just a blur of rush and excitement before the afterparty. The hotel was a sea of orange, the celebrations being brought back to the team's rooms. Me and Oscar had been getting on very well today, we were listening to music and singing along like there was no tomorrow. We used to do this kind of thing on the road while we were driving. I missed it. I was still pissed at him for what he said, but we all say things we don't mean when we're pissed, right?  Let's just keep it how it is for now.

I had just finished curling my hair, after washing my hair again and a few second degree burns on my ears, that Oscar found far too funny. I had once again slapped on as much foundation and concealer on my bruise as I could, not wanting anymore unwanted questions asked about what had happened. It was more that it was just too embarrassing to tell  people that I didn't have enough common sense to not trip over a suitcase. I had done my makeup well for once in my life, a very rare occurrence. I had placed a bronzy gold eyeshadow on my eyelids with a short wing of eyeliner, mascara and a nude lipstick and small amount of lip-gloss. While Oscar was busy perfecting his hair and outfit in the bathroom, I took the liberty of slipping into my dress. The club was fancier than what I was used to back in the UK or in Russia, so I couldn't just stick with my usual cargos and slutty top I used to pull men, this place was a little more high end. my dress was black silk with a corset midriff with some gems along the middle. It was low cut but still classy. I wore a pair of black strappy heels, they weren't tall enough that they'd kill my feet but they were enough to get me to Oscar's shoulders.I could smell it from across the room.

Just as Oscar emerged from the bathroom, I had finished applying my  last of many layers of expensive perfume.He wore a white linen shirt and navy blue dress pants. He smelt really strongly of aftershave and men's shower gel. I could smell it from across the room. Oscar barely looked up from his phone, he was always looking at his emails. We were both workaholics, it was one of the few things that we shared in common. It was only when I emerged from my new seat on the shared bed that Oscar actually acknowledged my presence.

"Sorry, I was just..." Oscar said, looking up from his phone-based distraction. He stopped mid-sentence.

"What? Do I really look that bad?"

"No! Not at all. It's just, you look..." He stammered.

"Words Piastri, they were a great invention."

"You look amazing."

I couldn't help but blush a little at his compliment. I just put it down to the rare occurrence someone had said something nice to me. He looked good himself, attractive. But I wasn't about to let him know that. Instead I giggled, embarrassing, I know.

"Let's get going. I said I'd meet Lando at the bar." I responded

I tried to ignore the grimace on his face when I mentioned Lando.

"Right. Let's go."

________________________________________________________________________________

Oscar's POV

Briar looked gorgeous, I mean she always did, but this was something else. I hated the idea of her with Lando. After seeing her with that bruise on her head, I jumped to the conclusion that someone had done that to her. All I wanted to do was protect her. I mean I would never watch any girl get hurt, but it was something else entirely when that girl was Briar.