Day 152

So, here I am writing again. I found the boxes right by my new home. Guess it's a goddamn miracle. I live in a cave now. Feels cozier than the cabin. You don't have to rebuild anything for one thing. Another thing is nothing can destroy a cave. If the hill crumbled. It's under the hill I spotted over the past week. It was rough finding it. With Autumn getting tired, me being freezing my ass off every day, it was torture. Finding food is a hard thing. All the leaves are frozen in ice and there's no mammal to kill. All of them might be hiding or dead at this point. What I've been eating are owls. I keep hearing the oh noise and hunt one each night. Bats are one thing. One of them came at me in the dark when I was sleeping. Autumn woke and tackled the thing down. She bit off the head and ate it. It was a nice gross kind of way. I ate the rest of the body, even the wings. I was hungry every day, I didn't care what I ate as long as it was food. I ate a stick once when I got so hungry. Bitten my whole nail off. I was eating by myself at that point. Autumn got sleepier than before. She's always tired. I don't know about her hunger, but she was okay with starving. I've been sleeping out in the cold over the past week, and I couldn't feel my wounded arm for a day. Keep having a running nose too. This was crazy. I'm alive at this point. I talked to Autumn thinking about what I should do and she will be my solution. I imagine she was talking to me to have a plan about where to go. I've been over to every direction on the map and there was no other place to go. I was going around the circle at that time at an odd tree I saw and five minutes later I saw it again, two times now. I was walking in a maze for days, trying to get out but there was no way out. I was going crazy until Autumn saved both lives. She barked at me in the middle of the night. I yelled at her, but I didn't mean it. I felt worn out at that time. She came at me back and forth and was trying to say to follow her. I didn't know what it was, but I grabbed my stuff and followed. At first, I was thinking she would pound her pack and was leaving me for her meal. I know she wouldn't do that, but anything can happen. I hold the hatchet just in case. That's when she found this cave. Autumn is a lifesaver. I feel so glad she did otherwise my body would be nipped and frozen at that point. We started making this our shelter now and it was perfect. Better than I imagined. The best part is by the near end of the cave, there were bushes of berries and leaves that are safe to eat. There was a hole that directed sunlight and water rounding up the bushes. So it never runs out. Autumn enjoys the berries. I didn't think wolves liked berries. It was good for the food shortage. Now I don't have to find one out in the snow. Still haven't found the manual yet but now I don't need it. I still remember useful things. I learned a new thing when I read about ice climbing. Most of the pages were wet but I managed to see a picture of a string and a stick. Couldn't risk the bow so I made more rope and had a stick that wasn't curly. It was like a fishing rod, but I didn't do the work. I don't have a jig so I used a sharp rock I found in the cave. It was small enough to catch one. I need something heavy to balance the weight of the fish, so I use a big stick which I'm thinking is a plastic out of a box I found in the trash area as my weight. I tested it out near the lake that wasn't deep and planted it there. I weigh for hours and catch a big one. Thank god to remind me of that one. I didn't think of using this before because I thought It won't work and would be a waste. I was so wrong. Now I'm keeping it smooth for the last few weeks. I felt thankful that this cave is close to the lake. Now I need to wait until spring and find a way to get the hell out of here.