Strangely Endearing

Summary: Error was really just on his way home via subway, when across from him were three senior high school students trying to get his attention as subtly as they could.

Category: M/M

Ship(s): Ink/Error

Additional Tags: Teen Romance, Fluff and Crack, Crack Treated Seriously, Meet-Cute, POV Error Sans, OOC, My AU, Human|Highschool AU, Blue and Dream Best Wingmen

------

With the setting sun came a sky of fire, the orange of every wintry hearth. It was already nearing nighttime when Error finally arrived at the subway and waited behind the yellow line, glancing to his left as he strains his ears to listen for any oncoming train on his way.

Error got off late from school due to violin practice, and while he should have gone home as soon as it was over, Horror dragged him to a newly opened cafe, where he tried practically every dish he could find. Not that it was a bad thing, but that glutton could have at least warned him ahead of time so he was able to notify his mother about it. Well, not that the woman minded really; she said she wanted the boy to enjoy his high school experience to the fullest, which includes club practices, making many friends, and possibly developing some romance, as his mother shamelessly listed out.

Letting out a sigh, Error straightens himself a bit as the train approaches, slowing down until the door is in front of him. Once it came to a halt, the door slid open, allowing him to walk inside and then move to an open seat.

Removing his bag from his back and sitting down on the bench, Error places his bag over his lap and secures it with his arms, hugging it close to his chest. His mind was pleasantly quiet since there wasn't much to worry about. There are no immediate assignments, no violin competitions, and nothing to worry about at home except for dinner. It was a student's blissful dream on a Friday that he figures he should take tonight as another lazy night binge-eating chocolate while watching his favorite show, Undernovela-which reminds him that he should watch that movie Cross recommended to him!

Error takes out his phone from his bag's many pockets, unlocking it with his thumb before he opens the messaging app to find his chat with Cross.

While he was scrolling up through their messages, often pausing to read Cross' corny little jokes, he heard fervent whispering in front of him. As any curious bystander would, he looks up, seeing three older high school students talking amongst themselves in loud murmurs. Error quirks a brow, but returns his gaze to his phone, letting the more irritated adults stare at them with judgment. Hey, it's not my problem.

Error leans back in his seat as he continues to scroll through their conversation. Did he overlook the title of the movie? He feels like he's drifted so far away from the many topics they shared that he missed the movie he was looking for. Pursing his lips in thought, he was about to send a message to Cross asking for the title instead and just waiting for his reply when the three high school students beyond him became a bit noisier again; this time, it seemed that they'd gotten a bit physical because he could hear the rustling of clothes and bags being lightly hit at one another.

Error looks up once again, curiosity eating at him as he observes the three across from him. With a pinched expression on his face, the one on the right, with white fading to blue hair trailing down to his shoulders and twisted back into a braided half ponytail, gripped the brunette boy's uniform. At the brunette boy's right was another boy with golden yellow hair, covering the boy's lips with his hand while his other one rummaged through his own bag with great effort, as the one in the middle seems to be struggling to free himself from his friends'(?) grasps.