Can I Ask You Something?

"Wow."Matt stared at my room like it was they best thing ever. The walls were covered with a lot of band posters and a black bed stood in the corner. A long big mirror sat on my huge dresser and stuffed animals lined my black walls. "This is..."

"Ugly? A nightmare?"

"Beautiful." my heart skipped a beat. And he smiled as if he knew what he did.

We walk over to my bed and we sit on it.

"Hey can we continue what we were doing earlier?" I asked him.

"Why not?" he laughed.

"Okay. What do you like to do?"

"Skate,listen to music and read. You?"

"Sing and play the guitar."

"Play for me."

I pull the guitar from under my bed but hesitate.

"What's wrong?" he asked concered.

"Nothing its just I've never played for anyone." I smile and begin playing "What is Love? " by NeverShoutNever!

"In a sitch like this you got to think, and I don't think you think about the way he thinks and I know you live life for yourself but it comes down to the way you help. And I know your life is such a hell you wake up early you work until you have your drinks at 5 o'clocks the hours blend and your thoughts all haunt. Your hopes. Your dreams. Your everything. Oh mama I hope. I dream that you wont leave. And I have a question. What is Love? What is Love? oh oh oh oh oh. Is it giving up? Cuz that's not how you raised me yeah." I finished the song and opened my eyes. He was soo silent.

"Your voice is beautiful." I felt my heart stop like I was going to die.

"No ones ever said that you me. Thank you."

"Your welcome." he smiled.

"Do you have a bestfriend?"

"I used to." he said sadly. "But she was taken from my when we were 8. I was heartbroken and I never really had a friend like her." he looked like tears were going to begin to fall but before that happened I did the craziest thing ever.

I hugged him. And the crazier thing happened.

He hugged back. And I felt something in our hug. I felt safe in his arms. I felt happy.

I felt love.

"Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to spend the night?"

I could feel him smile. "Yes."

"Matt can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"What was her name?"

My heart finally stopped.

"Gwen."