Chapter six

Colson was sitting in the Cleveland hospital parking lot in his car. He had Ari's name pulled up on his phone. He was debating whether or not to call her. He hit the call button and the car speakers picked up his phone via bluetooth.

"Hello" She answered.

"Hey..."

"You okay?" She asked.

"I guess, you?"

"Yeah, where are you?"

"Uummm...I'm..I..." he trailed off.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, she already knew what it was without him saying anything.

"You've got a lot on your mind so I'll stop asking, you start talking." She continued.

"Can you come here?" He blurted out.

"Are you sure?" She asked, since he always called on her, when he felt emotional.

"Yeah, i'm sure."

"I'll be there soon."

Ariana already knew where he was, it was always where she would go. She quickly packed a suitcase, and made her way, since she had a private jet on standby.

An hour later she touched down and got in the blacked out SUV heading to where he was.

He was staying in a hotel close to the hospital, so he'd sent her the address earlier on. He finally heard a knock on his room door then got up from the bed. He opened the door to Ariana. She walked in and put her suitcase down.

"Hey-oh." She didn't get a chance to say anything he just held onto her. He moved back and sat on the edge of the bed. She stood with her body between his legs as he just clung to her, his arms around her waist.

She rubbed his back as he cried softly, and she stood there for what seemed like a long time. She knew he didn't cry a lot and this was important for him to get out of his system.

"How about I run you a nice bath?" She asked.

"I don't want a bath." He sniffled.

"What do you want?"

He shook his head.

"To be able to bring people back from the dead, and that can't happen so..."

She started crying because she thought of her grandpa. It was only a few tears, but she tried to hide it.

"I'm sorry, don't cry." He panicked.

"I'm ok, but that's the point, I understand how you're feeling, but you can't let this sadness defeat you, you will feel ok in the end."

He nodded.

"So you're gonna clean yourself up, go and get a shower...ok?"

He nodded as he got up.

As she listened to the shower Ari couldn't help but wonder about Pete, if he was such a good friend, why was she always the one running to help Colson? She understood that he felt betrayed, but she knew that Colson would drop anything for him... even her.

A🖤: Why aren't you here for Colson? OH! That's right!, you're probably getting high.

P: I'm not there because you are, and because I'm not in my right mind to even be any help right now

A🖤: he came to your aid when you were going through shit

P: Yeah I know, n I'm so grateful, but he felt guilty and came because he knew it all stemmed from you.