Chapter 22-Separate ways

Starfrost opened his eyes. Orange light shined into his eyes. He blinked, and his vision cleared, though the edges still blurry, and he realised he was staring at a wood surface. His head felt very heavy, and he seemed to be spinning around and adround in circles. He felt dizzy, and he did not know where is where. Is he upside-down right now? What is going on? Then, from afar, he could hear voices, distant voices, soft and gentle, but clear and crisp.

"Good sleep?"

"Wazzgoinon?"

"Rest."

Starfrost shook his head, trying to rid the voice out of his mind, but it was stuck there in his brain. He was stuck. Stuck between reality and virtuality. He tried to raise his head, but could not. Everything was spinning faster and faster. He moaned, letting out his fear and desire. Then everything seemed to clear. Starfrost managed to sit up, his brain buzzing. Then he remembered. The sky...the wolf...White...

WHITE?!

Starfrost sat up straight. He was not thinking properly. White is with he and Puddleshine right now, what if she really did want to kill? Nothing seems right. He felt his heart turn cold, he have to tell Puddleshine about this immediately. Puddleshine usually knows quite alot of things, facts or myth, all the same. So he glanced around for him, and suddenly just realised that he was standing right infront of him, face to face. 

"You okay?"Puddleshine asked.

"Yes, and skip the lecture. I must tell you something about White. She betrayed us and-"Starfrost started speaking quickly, but was interrupted by Puddleshine.

"Oh, so they told you too?"Puddleshine asked.

Starfrost paused, then raised an eyebrow,"what do you mean, you know too?"

Puddleshine nodded,"yes, indeed. I think, our mentors, or maybe Great Mother Spirit wanted both of us to know, but she could not manage to do it the same time, because she had to go into our visions and talk to us-"

"Talk to us?"Starfrost asked, his expression puzzled.

"Yeah, I mean, didn't she?"Puddleshine said,"she told me that she would like to pass on this piece of information-why are you looking like that?"

Starfrost had sank onto his belly. His head hurts. His heart hurts. Everywhere hurts. Why didn't anyone come into his vision and talk to him? Did he do something wrong? Why did Great Mother Spirit only talk to Puddleshine and not him? He searched his memories, trying to think of something that Puddleshine had done and he had not, or Puddleshine had not done and he had. But there was nothing. They came here together. 

But then, said a cold voice in his head, don't you remember Ashfire? Snowberry's mentor? Well, he had said,'no, well, if you must know, a Light wolf usually discover some kind of power when they are chosen. Did he...umm...find out about anything yet?'

Starfrost stared straight ahead. Maybe it was all a mistake? Maybe he was not the one pup born with power? Maybe it was Snowberry? He shook his head. The point here is to find the Star Pack's Light wolf, Starfrost reminded himself.

Can't you see? The small cold voice in his head raised its volume, you can't find whoever it is, because you are not, afterall, a Light wolf, you see that explains everything...

Starfrost closed his eyes, wishing everything would stop. He should just go home and tell his father that he was not a Light wolf and that he cannot do anything to help find the missing Light Wolf and that he gave up and that he is a terrible failure and-

"Starfrost!"Puddleshine practically yelled into his ear. Starfrost looked up, saw Puddleshine, then started walking out of the den.

"Hey! Where are you going?"Puddleshine yipped as he came bounding after him.