|§|one|§|

((A/N: Hii cuties, I just wanted to say that if you see any wrong grammer, no you dont. Love you😘 And I don't own any of these characters. That belong to Veronica Roth!!))

I was sitting in the office of my dad when I suddenly heard my mom scream my name.

I rushed downstairs. If heard this scream before. My dad was probably home from work again.

"Mom! Are you okay!?" I shouted while on the stairs.  "She alright. Right honey?" My dad said standing over my mother who was sitting on the ground.

"I'm sorry kat, I slipped and fell. Everything is alright." She mumbled still looking down.

I looked at the side of her face and saw that her cheek was red and she had a bloody nose.

"Are you sure? You're bleeding." I said while walking to her, wanting to give her a hug and check on her face but before I could, dad grabbed my arm. He gave me a look that I've never seen before. It looked like he was willing to kill me I dared to come closer to him or my mom

"I said she's fine. Now go upstairs and I don't want to heard a thing." He whispered in my ear but my mother could still hear it. I looked at her giving the eyes that asked of you really alright.

"Please?" She whispered. I made eye contact with her when she nodded her head. "Fine." I said while I ripped my arm out of the hold that my father had. It leaved a mark, which I hoped for his ass didn't stay.

That mother fucker

I went upstairs but went to my room instead of the office. I laid in my bed thinking. Thinking about if she'll ever get out of this and start living her live better then she is doing now.

He's done this the last few months while he came out of work. And I don't think I can take this any longer and neither can my mom. She has bruises on her hole body but didn't have enough makeup to cover it up.

Tomorrow my aptitude takes place and I want to stay focused but this is not helping. I am struggling to choose and my thoughts are in between candor, where I was born and dauntless which I feel like I belong. If I leave I'll leave my mom alone with my dad and I think she doesn't have long to live then. Also my dad will kill me personally if I leave because my sister is also gone and if my mother will someday leave him, he'll think that I need to stay and 'help him'. I would just be a replacement for mom.

The test is what I'm most worried about. I worried it'll tell me to leave. But mostly I'm worried it'll tell me to stay in this load of shit.

-

I was waiting in line when I heard someone behind me talking to abnegation.

"Hey, so all the food were not getting, you giving away to the faction-less?" The boys nodded there heads. It was Peter who was een friend of mine in kindergarten but now I hate him with my guts.

"Right?" He asked again. The boys awnserd yes. "you're a lair. Why are you lying to me? Everybody know you keep it to yourself. So why don't you just admit it?" He said thinking he's better then them

"Why don't you just back off Peter." I said without turning my head. "Who said that? Was it you kitten?"

Ew

"Ew, don't call me kitten, and leave them alone. They already know that you're pathetic. So no need to rub it in. " I turned around with a grin on my face. It took him a minute to think of something to say back.

"Well..." he gasped with realization and started pointing him finger at me. "It takes one to know one." He said with a 'cool' face but I wasn't listening anymore. I was grinning when I turned around because it was actually pathetic.

-

When I walked into the room there was a chair in the middle and a lady who was very welcoming. "Candor." She mumbled but loud enough so that I can hear her. After a second I got annoyed at her judgement so I said,"It's very pleasing to meet you to!"

Can you be more ignorant

"If you can just sit in the chair." She challenged and gave me a look that says ' if you snag sit down, I'll kill your'. I sat down on what looked like a torture chair.

"I'm Tory, I'll be administering your test. You'll be offered a series of choices to test your aptitude for each faction. Until you get one result." She said while pushing my shoulder so I would lay back in the chair.

" I wouldn't sweat it. 95 procent get the faction of there origin." She grabbed a little cup that was on the table next to her. "Bottoms up." She added glaring at the screen than at me. It took a minut to kick in but when it did it felt very surreal.

-

I closed my eyes and when I opened them I was in a mirrored room. There were thousands of reflections but all of a sudden my dad was behind me.

"Dad?" I whispered but when I turned around het was gone. Just a second past by when I heard the screams of my mom.

"KATIE! HELP! KATIE!" She repeatedly screamed but she was nowhere. I came closer and closer until I heard it in my ear. I once more turned around and there she was. Covered in bruises and wounds.

"Mom! Are you okay!" I screamed because she was pretty far away. I started running but then dad appeared behind her with a belt. I started sprinting when he raised his hand.

It looked like I was just in time to receive her hit when I suddenly woke up. "You need to leave right now." I heard immediately and I was being dragged out of the chair

"When someone asks, tell them you were sick of the serum and I send you home early." She panted and pushed me to the door. "Wait. What were my results?" I responded and I saw her face drop.

"Inconclusive."