40

*unedited*

"Why are up here again?" My heart almost jumped out of chest when I am pushed into a corner. "I told you to stop coming here." I am pressed against the wall.

I breathe a sigh of relief when I notice who it is. I smile. "I was checking on your progress." I flash him a smile. "You are so close to getting all A's according your teachers. You are doing all the work but you need to participate more in class instead of being a distraction." I recapitulated all the facts that were just told to me from all of Titus' teachers.

"Why do you keep coming here? I told you I got it." He asked.

"Yeah, but I have to make sure. Besides they were my teachers too at some point." I had visited every single one of his teachers just two months ago, begging and convincing to them to give him another chance even though they had basically written him off.

I pleaded like my life depended on it. It was hard considering he was taking classes over that he should have passed in ninth grade. He was terribly behind.

"Faye. I get it. You want to help, but like have forgotten that your pops always got eyes on you? You can't be doing shit like this." He stared at me as if he was talking to a misguided child.

"That's why I am wearing a disguise. See?" I couldn't help but laugh. He stepped back, looking at the the sweat pants and the hoodie I was wearing. The hood was pulled over my head. "You like?" I laughed.

"Bruh, you can't be serious." He shook his head. "You just be doing whatever, huh?" He asked.

"Not really. I am not allowed." I shook my head. "But I'll do anything to help my bro." I attempted to punch him in the arm.

He grabbed my fist in time, halting my attack. "You don't even talk like that, bro." He mocked me.

"I can hang. I can speak slang. Yo what up my n-" he slapped his hang over my mouth and put his arm behind my neck.

I am bend as he dragged me out. It looks like he'll start tussling my hair at any moment. "Let's go before you make your dad mad." He yanked me out.

"We good, bro. Big Ted said he won't say anything." He tussled the top of my hoodie because of the way I spoke.

"You doing too much." He mumbled as we walked out of the building.

I did not go to his school again until a month later. It was almost the end of the first semester right before winter break. As usual, everyone greeted me. I was not a stranger because I went to school here a bit before transferring. Also, my father was infamous so it was only obvious I was too. Thus, security let me into the building even though I had no right being at the school in the first place.

"Yo, that's her." I heard someone say.

I could hear the whispers but I ignored them since I did not think they had anything to do with me. It not until someone grabbed a fist full of hair and pulled me into a corner I realized it was for me.

"So she's the ugly b**** that's trying f*** my n****?" The hispanic asked her friend as she loosen the grip on my hair. Her hair is bone straight. She's a couple inches shorter than me.

"I think you all have the wrong person. I do not go to school here." My eyes darted to each face in the corner I was pulled to.

"No, b****. You are the one messing with Titus." She yelled.