10

To my surprise, Glendale gives in. That Thursday's and Friday we spent our time drafting up our explanation for the problem. At first, he attempted to make me complete all of the assignment, but my methods of persuasion made him contribute to the project.

Monday we worked on adding to why it needed to fixed and addressed. Currently on this Tuesday, we started to work on our solution.

However, we are currently trying to figure out a way to draw attention to our problem. "This generation prides itself on being the technology generation. We could technology to further our cause." I say.

"Like a hashtag or some shit?" He asks.

"I don't know. Maybe a video."  I pause. "We can write legislators about addressing the problem or start an online petition. Maybe a go fund me to help more go green." He stretches and yawns. "I guess we should wrap this up for today."

"Please." He says.

I nod and start packing up. "Other than this small problem, we should be finished some day next week." I tell him.

"Great." It's not an ecstatic great. It's more on the I can't believe you got me to do this great.

"Let yourself out." He walks out. I always let myself out I want to say, but don't.

I am finish the last of my packing. I notice there a message from my dad and I start walking while reading it. He's telling me he's going to be a bit later tonight and I reply okay. As I put my phone in my pocket and look up, it's too late. I collide with the person carry a huge stack of paper.

I fall along with the stack of paper. "I apologize. I didn't see you." I instantly get onto my knees helping him pick them up.

"You don't have to help me. I can't get them myself." It's like he didn't want me to see.

He takes it from me. I glimpse down at it. I notice the work. "No way." I can't help myself. Most people don't know about this. "You know about AU?"

AU stands for Anonymously Unapologetic. AU is a New York graffiti artist that tags rich neighborhoods. The work of this person features controversial topics and is almost always covered up in 24 hours in these communities. In the poor communities, graffiti stays put most of the time, however these neighborhoods paint over immediately. Somehow, someone almost always finds all of AU's work and post them before it is painted over. He's a city threat. Police were actually looking for this person a few months back because he managed to tag the Statue of Liberty. A image of white picket fence family that read the American Dream. The average person would see it as a some sweet picture calling America the land of opportunity, but if you look deep in the back ground, there's an image of people in chains. The background is also image is also the ICE logo. The other images are on top of it meaning one has to really examine the image to get. It is a political statement. That bold tag made them more popular than they were before.

Some hating it calling it vandalism, some pretending to actually like because it makes them hip and others like me. It's one of the things I actually really like. This artist does, shows abs says things I can only dream of. I have to curve how I appear to the works. AU doesn't.

I don't know how this person does it so fast. They are always on the controversial issues. That's why they are so sought after. The Mayor even declared this person a public enemy after one of the tags were about him.

"What?" He seems to be distracted by picking up his papers.

"Anonymously Unapologetic. That's their work." I say to him.

"You are mistaken. I don't know who that is." He picks up one last piece.

"I am not." I look at the page he's trying to hide. "AU is distinct because they sign their name using hands doing A and U in sign language." I pull a paper out of his hand

"Give that back."

"Like this." I fade off at the end. My brows furrowed. "I've never seen this one." I say lowly. He takes the paper from me. He walks away.

There is no way. There is no way. He can't be. AU is an social activist for the underdogs. Glendale number two couldn't even wrap his head around the idea that the teachers at school were being negatively bias to me. He is in his bubble of rainbows and make believe. AU  makes and attacks privilege. There no way this sheltered makes can be AU. AU is activism and the voice. Glendale number two is micro aggression and Starbucks.

I shake off the thought. Even if that was a fresh drawing, it can't be him. He doesn't the aura of an artist. For one, his room is detached. His demeanor doesn't match.

I begin to walk again. Then I stop in my tracks. I take a deep breath and turn around. I take slow strides to his room. I build up the courage on my way. The courage to knock.

When I get at the door. I close my eyes. My fist rise slowly until I light knock the door. Then I knock again, a little harder. The door swings open. "What?" His demeanor has changed. It's different than his cold, distant demeanor. It's more of a rude one.

"The image I just saw was done in the style AU does. It's true to the roots of the original street art. The boxy, curvy lines. The use of outline. Are those yours? Someone else's? Are you trying to replicate? Did you print them out? I am just trying to figure out. AU is one of my biggest influences. I just want to know." I say.

He gives me a blank look. "There's nothing to figure out. I don't know who AC or whoever else." He slams his door shut in my face.

I sigh and take a deep breath. I was just caught off guard. I need to go back to my normal demeanor.

646-439-8760: let us help you tell your story before it's too late.

646-439-8760: you can only hide for so long until someone leaks your name and information.

My ninth number is blocked.

___
Another one.