7

I hate Noah Glendale. We are behind because he wants to play hard ball. I find him after school. I grab his hand.

"What are you doing?" He's trying to sound intimidating.

"You are going to drive us to your house and we will start this project." I say to him.

"I've underestimated your level of stupidity. You can out me or whatever. It'll be covered up regardless. I've stood you up and it was funny for a while, but now you are getting annoying. I'll say this to you again, I am not doing this project." I stand still. Just as I figured. He was doing that. "Now if you'll excuse me."

I figured he would use his rich White male privilege. I was thinking from my perspective. I would do anything to stay out of trouble. Privilege on the other hand,limits consequences. He'll probably get community service and his family will spin an angle or he won't have charges at all. They probably have friends in high places. They'll say the leak was faked and photoshopped . This would have really sucked for me if I hadn't realized sooner and adapted to plan B.

He's a distance away from me and I take my chance. "I thought you would react that way." I pause. "That's why I took something of yours. Don't you feel a little bit more chilly at night now that your blanket is missing? It's also on the dirtier side. I wouldn't mind washing it for you." He stops in his tracks. "I've seem to have gotten your attention. Take me to your home so we can start our project. The faster we start, the faster I can stop seeing your forgettable face."

He turns around, full speed ahead and he's in my face. I don't flinch or react in way that would indicate fear. I can feel myself beginning to get triggered, but I try toughing it out. Two more minutes I chant. My heart is increasing increasing per minute.

"Return my fucking shit now." His finger is in my face.

"No."

His anger increases and I clench my teeth together. His hands grip both of my hands. "I am warning you. Don't mess with me."

"I am also warning you. It would be well appreciated if you behave civil and see our deal through. I assure you if you decide to go this route, my father wouldn't mind exercising his 2nd Amendment right directly in the middle of your forehead." I look him in the eye. I am about to snap and loose it.

I breath a slight sigh of relief when he lets me go. "I'll do whatever you want. Just don't mess with my shit or loose it." He says.

With that, I make my way to his car. I am slightly hyperventilating. I am hiding it though. When in his car, I squeeze my hands together in fist at my side. My mouth is shut tightly and I steady my breathing . A light vision of hands pulling me to and fore cloud my vision. In seconds, I am pulled to the ground, a foot on my back. "Don't move." One said. "Stop resisting!" The thoughts of terror. True fear stormed my head. I couldn't think straight. My adrenaline pumping.

"Yo." He taps me and right that second my hand fling out and I unintentionally punch him in the face.

"I apologize." I say immediately. I don't know what to do. My hands pull back. He's slightly bleeding. "That was an involuntary reflex. You are bleeding. Let me assist you." My hands reach out to touch his bleeding lips, but he dodges my touch and looks away.

"Just don't day dream in my car again. I've been calling you for two minutes now." I can hear a sense of confusion in his voice. It's weird having someone completely zoned out in your presence even though you are calling their name. This summer, I was zoned out for fifteen minutes straight before I snapped out of it. "Let's get this over with." He's not too fond of the idea. I get out and follow behind him. He leads me down some stairs which is rather shady on his part.